1c & 5c Vista Mech help

Hillbilly

I have an old vista mech that turns one time with a penny and five times with a nickel.  It is all complete but the springs have come out. Does anyone have a picture of the back of one that shows where the springs go?  The ratchet dog spring I can figure out. Just need help with the coin dog spring and washer dog spring.

I know it's old but figured someone may know about these.

Wanting to fix this one up to sell on EBay.

I hope you can see this.

The coin pawl and the other one on the left of the mech are the ones I'm interested in.  I've played with the 2 springs and can not figure out how to make it work.  There is a small gear that goes on the bottom that the lower pawl operates.  It turns the gear each time a penny is put in or 5 times when a nickel is put in. The ratchet pawl on the right side is easy to figure out.  It meshes with a cog on the bottom of the coin wheel. The spring fits just like on a quarter mech.

Any help appreciated.

I am assuming just looking at the pictures that the coin dog in the top left corner of the screen is 1 piece with to ears on it that will accept either a penny or a nickel.  It looks like to me your spring needs to be turned so that one side of it is pressing against the back of the dog and the other half will be pressing against the outside of the mech.  I am unable to see the spring that clearly.  Is the mech locking up when ever you try to play it?  Like there isn't a coin in it?

• 2 weeks later...

Luke, Are you talking about the flat type springs or the older ones?  This has the older ones that are made to go over a small post.  If you look at the back of the pawl there is a small post but when you put the spring in like you said it locks up.

Archived