A few questions.

G-man422

Hi there everyone, I'm new here, and just have a few questions for you experienced vendors:

1) Do single standing units get stolen often? How can I prevent this?

2) How long do gumballs last untill they go bad, or get stale? And for candy?

3) What are the types of goods you find work the best in what areas? ie: nuts in an office, or gum @ a grocery store, etc.

Thanks, G-man422.

I'm new also, but from reading, gum balls are good for 6 mos, nuts are good in bars, peanut m&ms are good pretty much anywhere. Read the Vending 101 section & while you're at it , read just about everything on this website. It has much great info. Good luck.

-Doug

Candy, it just depends ON THE LOCATION it is in.

Gum, about 6 months.

As with any route you will have machines stolen. Single, Double, Triple, IT DOES NOT MATTER. If someone wants to steal a machine, they will steal it, no matter what the set-up. Now, you could go to the extreme to prevent that, and chain your machines to every location, but that is outrageous.

Kyle

It seems that if someone is desperate enough to steal a bulk candy machine, you could have a flashy red light, a fake survalance camera from Radeo Shack and chain it to a Cop car, and guess what,,,,,,,, it will get stolen. Coin-op laundry businesses are great places to experiment with this. :P

Sky

Hi, I am new to the forum but have been vending for 4 years now.  I have found that gumballs are good for 4-8 months.

Nuts don't do well for me, messy and stale.  Plus statistically if you are new to vending, they are not ranked at the top as best sellers and you are better avoiding them.

Stick with the main choices like P. MM and Mike and Skittles and you will be much happier with the results.

S