having my machines placed without a business license yet?

seadog

this is a legal question , I am just starting out and have placed only a few machines in a couple of locations, I have business insurance and I am registered with the national childrens cancer society, I do not have a business license yet but I plan to get one I just dont know if I need one for every city my nachines are in? Also I am I breaking any laws by having my machines placed without a business license yet?

this is a legal question , I am just starting out and have placed only a few machines in a couple of locations, I have business insurance and I am registered with the national childrens cancer society, I do not have a business license yet but I plan to get one I just dont know if I need one for every city my nachines are in? Also I am I breaking any laws by having my machines placed without a business license yet?

How did you get insurance without a license? Do you have a DBA?  Most all counties, and some cities will require a license.  Some will require a sticker for tax purposes on each machine paid at the time of your license, even if they are charity machines.  Check the old posts to see if there is information for your area posted on the site.  And yes, technically it is illegal to operate a business without a license.  Many vendors start out like this, and some intentionally do it until they get caught.  The fines aren't usually stiff enough to scare people into doing the right thing.  Based on the fact that you have insurance, I assume you want to protect yourself, so get it as soon as possible.

I am not encouraging you to not get everything you need in order asap,but usually locations that have no liqoer license never get inspected to see if the machine has everything in order.if they do have a license they usually only get inspected once or twice a year and the same guy checks the vending machines.

Archived