abandoned Machine Questions

NinnJinn

Every vendor will eventually need to develop a "policy" on abandoned machines. No matter the route size, every vendor will be confronted with this situation and will need to act "appropriately". As seen in many past postings, there are many opinions and emotions. This may not always be a black/white issue, rather a grey one. It's just good to be prepared when confronted with it.

Yes this topic has came up several times over the years and boards. There are many different opinions as you have said and I'm sure none will change. I mean no disrespect to anyone on this board. It just isn't a grey area to me. I know which machines belong to me and which ones don't.

You have all heard it. "Don't take out the BBB. I eat those all the time." Then when you open the machine there is only .25 in it.

"Oh this is your machine? I thought it was the managers"

"I have never seen anyone service this machine" Yep I'm here every 60 days.

I wouldn't believe for a second how long its been since THEY say it was serviced last. Wendi had a police officer try to give her the abandoned NW single in his station. She said no. I know it is abandoned too. I bet there are 50 of them around. They have been empty for 2 years. And they are NOT mine.

Mike

If a machine is abandoned in one of my locations, i.e., it hasn't been serviced in six months, I will offer to purchase the machine or ask the owner to put it in the back of the store / restaurant. Abandoned machines hurt us, because they make a location look like a junk store. Therefore, they can cause a location owner to kick out all the machines in a location.

Archived