Breathalyzer????

skyviper73

Anyone have any input on this device. It would work in pretty much any place that serves alcohol.

The P321000 Fuel Cell Coin Operated Breathalyzer

Code: P321000

Regular price: $2,399.00

Sale price with FREE SHIPPING: $1,799.99

We are the Exclusive U.S. Distributor of the P321000 Fuel Cell Coin Operated Breathalyzer. Please call 877-334-6876 for special pricing and availability. Discounts available for bulk ordering.

Breathalyzer.net is proud to offer the P321000 Coin Operated Breathalyer - the only breathalyzer available that features a fuel cell sensor. The P321000 is perfect for any bar, restaurant, club or any other establishment where alcohol is served. It offers customers an opportunity to know their exact BAC and offers owners an opportunity to add profitability to their business. The P321000 is easy to use, easy to maintain and sure to be a hit with your patrons!

P321000 Coin Operated Breathalyzer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

P321000 Coin Operated Breathalyzer Product Specifications

Click Here To View Owner's Manual

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can remember one of my friends trying one of these out at the bar after about 6 hours of drinking. I think he blew like a .05 - which was crazy because he could barely walk.

That machine might not have been calibarated right.

I've done my research on this and I'm about to buy 4 used ones from a guy at a significant discount off the retail cause they are about 4 years old. I'll come back in a month or two and let you know how they are doing.

As far as liability..you are good because there is no proof of the reading they were given, the machine never tells you to drive and if you've even had 1 drink you probably shouldn't, it's not done in a control envirnoment without smoke and such like the police ones so they aren't admissible in court, etc...

• 4 weeks later...

So long a it works right, the idea is a great one. If it works, it has the potential to save lives - I mean if at least one person chooses not to drive because of it or one friend takes the keys... - Anyway, the stresser here is if it works. Please let us know how it works out for you and good luck.

I'm not sure I understand, how do you make income off of these? The idea sounds GREAT. Do they have to pay to get their BAC checked? I wouldn't really be interested in paying to check that. Or do you sell them to the bars and that is the end of it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am considering one of these machiens. I am currently working with local club owner who wants one. So hopefully we will see. As far as the liability insurance no change because there is no record of the reading or like candance said the machine did not tell you to drive.

• 6 months later...

I've spoken to the seller and gotten a lot of info. on the green machine shown above. I did ask about the competition and was told a story of a competitor's machine that was less accurate and the vendor eventually offered to give his inventory of 18 machines to a vendor in town with the the green model who didn't want them. (I have no first-hand knowledge of the accuracy of that though.) From what I was told, the green machine involves calibrating it during the first 100 uses and then it remains quite accurate and can be secured to the wall. Maintenance involves providing straws. Cost ranges from $.50-$1.00. One owner testimonial on the site indicated they saw no difference in usage with the price difference. The discussion I had about a realistic income is to place these in in drinking establishements where patrons are there for 2-3 hours such as a sports bar, that has 100 patrons daily throughout the week and 200 per day on the weekends. Usage is around 5-10% and one might expect to make $100-$150/week. The green machine is in the $2k range, so the ROI is less than a year.

I've wondered about the idea of having a club owner add .50 to every cover charge and include a $1 token for each patron so they can use the machine.  (Some use it for fun).   If that idea would work, the usage would increase substantially, and further reduces the owner's liability by them making this available to every patron.  (I'm not a drinker or club-goer myself, so I don't know if that idea would work).  Any opinions of the pros and cons to my idea?

I also wondered about putting possibly a countertop charityy box selling candy/gum next to the cash register so that the extra .50 cents received get back on the cover charge may get placed in the box by some.  Any feedback  on that as well.  (I'm completely new to vending and have been researching low investment options at the moment.  So I can share my research, but would like input from those with experience!)

I've spoken to the seller and gotten a lot of info. on the green machine shown above. I did ask about the competition and was told a story of a competitor's machine that was less accurate and the vendor eventually offered to give his inventory of 18 machines to a vendor in town with the the green model who didn't want them. (I have no first-hand knowledge of the accuracy of that though.) From what I was told, the green machine involves calibrating it during the first 100 uses and then it remains quite accurate and can be secured to the wall. Maintenance involves providing straws. Cost ranges from $.50-$1.00. One owner testimonial on the site indicated they saw no difference in usage with the price difference. The discussion I had about a realistic income is to place these in in drinking establishements where patrons are there for 2-3 hours such as a sports bar, that has 100 patrons daily throughout the week and 200 per day on the weekends. Usage is around 5-10% and one might expect to make $100-$150/week. The green machine is in the $2k range, so the ROI is less than a year.

I've wondered about the idea of having a club owner add .50 to every cover charge and include a $1 token for each patron so they can use the machine.  (Some use it for fun).   If that idea would work, the usage would increase substantially, and further reduces the owner's liability by them making this available to every patron.  (I'm not a drinker or club-goer myself, so I don't know if that idea would work).  Any opinions of the pros and cons to my idea?

I also wondered about putting possibly a countertop charityy box selling candy/gum next to the cash register so that the extra .50 cents received get back on the cover charge may get placed in the box by some.  Any feedback  on that as well.  (I'm completely new to vending and have been researching low investment options at the moment.  So I can share my research, but would like input from those with experience!)

Good research and ideas my friend. Thanks for the info looks like your doing good so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone try these things yet? In the right place these could make a fortune.

I'm curious about the liability aspect. If the test indicates you are fine to drive and they get into an accident I can see a problem.

Also I assume the way to get these into a bar would be to offer a commission. After looking at their commission, if it does well, as a bar owner I'd have to be thinking (why don't I just buy one for the bar and ditch the vender?).

• 2 weeks later...

I used one of these in a catering hall end of august 2008 and since I don't drink I wanted to see what it would do.  I paid a dollar for my brother in law to try it and he blew .35 and has since quit drinking.  i don't drink and I blew .000 after he did the .35.  He was stumbling drunk and wouldn't have needed teh test, but he asked me if I felt it was accurate and iA told him if he was going to drive like a fool, I would stay at the hall. I also offered to drive him home.  You may be able to work a deal with the tavern league for people that blow a .05 or higher to get the free cab ride home if they do the test. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have 30 of them installed. I charge 1€ per test and I must say it’s great.  ;D

The machines that I use are manufactured under the trademark Alcomatic from Spain and I heard that they are much cheaper in EU than in U.S.