Problems With A Maka Nb 10 Dbv

Pbuckler

I recently purchased a Maka NB-10B to replace a NB-1KB on a National 145. The NB-10B will pull the bill in about half way and will do so very weakly/slowly. So the first thing I did to fix was run a cleaning card through it. That didn't work. I then replaced the belts and nothing changed. While I had the unit apart I cleaned everything with alcohol swabs. So I am open to suggestions as what to try next.

I do have the other Maka NB-1KB that I replaced with this NB-10B. The NB-1KB unit wasn't taking bills at all. I started a thread trying to diagnose it earlier but wasn't successful. So I purchased the NB-10B to swap it out. I mention the other unit because I'm not against swapping parts from one to the other if that will solve my problem. Is it possible to swap the control boards (if thats what the remote boxes are called)??

Thanks!

I recently purchased a Maka NB-10B to replace a NB-1KB on a National 145. The NB-10B will pull the bill in about half way and will do so very weakly/slowly. So the first thing I did to fix was run a cleaning card through it. That didn't work. I then replaced the belts and nothing changed. While I had the unit apart I cleaned everything with alcohol swabs. So I am open to suggestions as what to try next.

I do have the other Maka NB-1KB that I replaced with this NB-10B. The NB-1KB unit wasn't taking bills at all. I started a thread trying to diagnose it earlier but wasn't successful. So I purchased the NB-10B to swap it out. I mention the other unit because I'm not against swapping parts from one to the other if that will solve my problem. Is it possible to swap the control boards (if thats what the remote boxes are called)??

Thanks!

Not having luck with this one are you? When the validator is running does the motor sound slow? It could be that the motor and belts are fine but the mouthpiece of the validator may be bent (if metal) or broken (if plastic). Pulling the bill in half way and then rejecting could also be a tuning issue.

There is a timing circuit in a validator that checks to see how long the motor spins in comparison to how long the sensors are blocked. usually this allows the bills to be accepted at a fast or slow speed without a hitch. So unfortunately it could be tuning or slipping bills.

Archived