LYPC Review

West Coast Vend LLC

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I gotta say that I am very impressed with Gum Ball Factory's customer service.  They sell the LYPC machines.  I called them today for a flange on a chrome stand?  They are sending it at no charge no shipping charge, nothing.  I am impressed. They did that once before for me with some piece that I needed.

• 2 months later...

I am becoming interested in the LYPC machines with the cash drawer in front. I like that idea a lot. I found these on their website and I really like them. I might buy a couple to finish out a double wooden stand that I have does anyone know if they make them in gold black with the coin tray in front?

http://www.lypcproducts.com/pages/6630G.html

David

I am becoming interested in the LYPC machines with the cash drawer in front. I like that idea a lot. I found these on their website and I really like them. I might buy a couple to finish out a double wooden stand that I have does anyone know if they make them in gold black with the coin tray in front?

http://www.lypcproducts.com/pages/6630G.html

David

I do not think they do David.  They only have it in chrome with red or black I believe.  I am running 7 of them with the drawers.  I have not had any problems except one coin drawer is a little tricky to open.  I serviced a supermarket break room today with a LYPC there and when I arrived the machine was gone from the break room!  I was pissed!  I went to the manager and asked if he knew anything about it.  He said no but told me to check the large exit area.  Sure enough there it was in all its glory!  Happy Birthday Johnny!!  It is now in a great spot.

Thanks Steve!  I am going to try them.  Its the Tough pro model with the coin tray that slides out of the bottom w/ a separate lock without messing with the head of the machine at all!!  I LOVE that feature.  I hate standing there and turning the lock on top of the head on my A&A or NWest ( to a lesser extent ) over and over until it unlocks.

I might try a TOUGH PRO,TOO w/secure cash box?  Quick?

• 1 month later...

If I may give all of you a little word of advice, on this subject.  The Lypc machines are a good looking machine and yes they do shine.  But there is one big problem with these machines and it is what keep me from buying them.  They are way to easy to break into.  If you decided to place them make sure they are in a really visible area.  I had a location that had a stand of these machines left in there location and were there for 2 to 3 years empty with anyone coming to service them.  The owners of the restruant ask me If I could open them.  I told him I could not without damage and he agreed he would accet responsiblity.  It took me 2 mins and i was in all 4 of those machines all it took was a pair of plyers and 4 quick twist with them.  I hope i do not upset anyone but, I have been around the block a time or two with 1300 machines out on locaiton. 

Luke

Luke,

Unfortunately this issue isn't confined to just LYPC. In fact, as you probably know, any machine with a flat key lock can be opened within 60 seconds using 2 common tools and neither one is a hammer. :D

Steve

yeah i do relize that but i was just wanting everyone to be aware of the ease of opening the money drawe on these machines i did not want to pick on the lypc machine alone. like i said they are very good looking machine and i am proberly going to be buying some myself.

• 2 months later...
Its pretty amazing to me but I continue to have NO problems with the 8 pairs of LYPC Tough Pros I have on location.  And obviously the thing I love about them is the half turn lock on the separate cash drawer which makes collecting quarters a real snap to do.  Even though I made a decision to buy NW60s only going forward, I am going to purchase more of these Tough Pros also.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to revisit my review after using LYPC Pro's for almost 2 years. I have to say at this point that they have become very disappointing. I bought cheap machines and that's just what I got, cheap machines. The capsule wheels constantly mis-vend. The mech's fall apart before your eyes. Screws fall off, coins get stuck, gears are waring out already. Parts can not be replaced unless you buy new mech's which I would never do again. The only good things are the locks, canisters, body and cover. They seem to be holding up alright. Knock on wood. I have finally modified these machines. I replaced the capsule wheels with Oak wheels. I replaced many of the mech's with 1800 mech's. Now they are great machines.

Gary

• 1 year later...

LYPC machines 5 years later.

So, the LYPC machines have been in my stores for almost 5 years now and I have had major issues with the mech's and the gumball wheels for vending capsuled products.

The mech's do not hold up to heavy use. The arm that clicks against the sprocket pops apart because the sprocket is made of a soft metal. The screws constantly come loose on their own and fall into the coin tray. The gear on the mech that turns the gumball wheel loosens and falls off causing the handle to turn when a customer puts in their quarter, but nothing comes out. The slug and cardboard stopper that is held down my a tension plate and screw loosens and causes the mech to give away all your product as free turns. The gumball wheels do not work on capsules correctly and cause many missed vends.

I still have them but I have changed many of their parts to make them great working machines now. They have always looked good and still do but I....

1. Changed the mech's to 1-800 vending machine mechs. (No more loose parts falling off or breaking)

2. Changed the gumball wheel to all Oak capsule wheels. (No more missed vends)

I hope this helps anyone that is thinking of buying LYPC machines for the long haul.

Gary

To to summarize what Gary is saying here. If you really like the way the LYPC machine looks go ahead. Just keep in mind that the lid, the lock, base, coin box, and head are all fine. You will have to replace the product wheel and the mechanism. These are the most critical parts they cause to the have successful vends or mis-vends. Misvends cause you time aggravation and MONEY! So if you have to replace the two main (expensive) components it would be best to buy something else in the first place! LYPC (Little yuckie plastic crap)

• 1 year later...

I have two LYPC machines a yellow classic and a red tough pro the classic is running strong but the locks on my tough pro have broken twice the first time was covered under warranty the second time cost me $30.00 for a new lock plus S&H

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I would not buy new LYPC machines because they are lower in quality than Eagle, Northwestern, Oak, Beaver and A&A Global machines. Spare parts are also expensive for LYPC machines. I bought a batch of 500 them for less than $2 a unit earlier this year.

Remember Buzz Bite machines? The $0.50 coin mechs work with LYPC Classic and Apollo machines after swapping the sprocket with an LYPC coin mech. The locks from Buzz Bite machines also fit LYPC one-inch machines.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

post-195-13809472928186_thumb.jpg

Archived