Mars 6000 Rejecting Coins, Dba Not Taking Bills

brendamca

I just got home from looking at an AP 4000 on CL. (Don't laugh; I know it's an old geezer of a machine.) Anyway, it had a Mars TRC 6000 that rejected most coins I put in. It would take the first one, then drop all the others to coin return. A few times it would not even take the first of a batch. I tried looking it up online to see about how to troubleshoot it, but I ran out of time and battery life on my smartphone. I'm assuming it's dirty and/or old, but I'd like to find out whether it's a simple fix or the whole thing's shot.

The DBA is a Coinco BA30B. It wouldn't take bills. The coin tubes were empty. How full do they need to be for me to run a test on the DBA and the coin mech in the future? Should I pick up a few rolls of coins to take with me for testing units?

Using a manual, I did manage to figure out how to check the dispenser panel for coil function. I didn't get them to spin, but the display said everything was fine. Not much you can do when the darn thing won't take your coins.

If there are any threads here that detail how to evaluate a used machine before purchasing, please post a link.

Thanks in advance!

At the very least the bottom sensors on the coin tubes need to be covered. I tell people get the tubes 1/2 full. The 6000 may just need to be tuned. But the big questions is how much are they asking for this thing?

At the very least the bottom sensors on the coin tubes need to be covered. I tell people get the tubes 1/2 full. The 6000 may just need to be tuned. But the big questions is how much are they asking for this thing?

The ad said it was in "perfect working condition" and asking price was $400.

Archived