Thinking About Purchasing My 1St Machine - Used

Terpman22

I am looking at 2 potential machines to purchase for the first time. One is a triple vendstar-like looking machine. Got an email back saying it was made by versavnd?? Searched the forums, couldn't find anything about them.

The other is a double head Eagle. Both are $40 - and I have read enough to know to 1. locate first and 2. I should start with singles. I have a few business contacts and should have no problem placing at least a machine or set thereof by myself. Here are the CL ads - not too concerned if there is a SoCal shark here - really just wondering if these would be good deals or not.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/for/2209228558.html

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/for/2209294935.html

Thanks guys. 18 more posts to be in the "Cool Guys Club" :D

What do you want to sell and where? I would think that would help you decide. The Oaks could have a variety of items but the other, versavnd?, is just a candy machine. But with more choices you could get more candy sales? I'm in SoCali but I won't steal these from you, but if I were going to then I'd pick up the Oaks myself and convert them to 1" capsule machines.

Thanks Mr. Granger for your response. I really just want to get into the candy part to get the feel - but if one of those Eagles could dispense toys, I would certainly use one side for toys and the other for some type of candy. I want to sell all over SoCal - bust starting in San Diego, then we will see from there. So the Eagle is made by Oaks? I am looking at this one as the better option to go with, agreeing that a candy "only" probably is not the best. Versatility is key.

Thanks Mr. Granger for your response. I really just want to get into the candy part to get the feel - but if one of those Eagles could dispense toys, I would certainly use one side for toys and the other for some type of candy. I want to sell all over SoCal - bust starting in San Diego, then we will see from there. So the Eagle is made by Oaks? I am looking at this one as the better option to go with, agreeing that a candy "only" probably is not the best. Versatility is key.

No, I mispoke. I meant Eagle. Well don't do all of SoCali...that's a lot of driving my friend. I wouldn't say that candy only is not best, all depends on where you are. In a breakroom at a company then toys are useless.

Those machines pictured will dispense candy only. You can tell by the barely visible dark part just at the bottom of the globe. That is the brush housing. Brush housings are only used with candy wheels.

Eagle is different than oaks, but in many respects, their parts are interchangeable. So if you want to dispense gumballs or capsules, you will need to get the proper wheel for it. A&A Global (See the links for their website) has a capsule wheel (and matching brush housing) that will fit the Eagles, Oak Vistas, and A&A PO89s.

And at $40, for two machines with a stand, that is a heck of a deal. Go for it!

Archived