Advice Please

Faith Vending

Ok everyone,

My 55  triple heads (1800's )   are to arrive Friday.....Yippie

but I need some advice.............on Craigs List I found 33 (2 year olds) 1800 triheads for sale.  13 placed in location.  My husband talked to him last nite. 

Question is should we buy them or focus on our next machines of Dent Ice.

We do want to expand for the future

Thanks so much for your opinions

Eve

I am kinda thinking the same thing.  My husband is cking out the ones on location right now.  I forgot to say the guy from Craigs List is selling them all

( plus the 13 locations, which are by my house)  for $2000.  Which is $60 a piece.

Great price!

Eve

Dentyne gum is priced so high you cant afford to sell more than 2 pieces at a time for .25. You cant set a regular machine to do that. From a few reports you cant set thirs to do it either.

Mike

Compared to what you paid for new, this is a fantastic deal. If it is affordable to your budget then by all means buy them after all they already make more money then your new ones. If not then don't.

Grumpy

My understanding of dentyne ice is that product cost is around 20%, they only comparable product cost like that for me is gumballs. I would rather have the DI but it is not available to me here in Canada.

I aim for a 30% overall product cost, but have products over 60% so in comparison DI is cheap.

Grumpy

Mike:

To clarify, as Dentyne Ice is a strong, premium brand, breath freshening SF gum (#1 seller in the US), a single serve is determined to be 2-pieces by Cadbury Adams. If you look at the back of a blister pack, it also states that a serving is 2-pieces. In fact, many people only chew 1 piece at a time.  So vending 2 pieces has nothing to do with the cost. In fact, most VENDiscuss members have purchased the gum at  a per vend cost of $0.06-$0.07, which is at or lower then most other premium branded consumable products.  You're also generating far more servings and revenue per 3 lb. bag ($120-$125).

Your comment reflects a common but understandable  misconception about the cost, considering it's such a new product to the bulk market.

Steve, SPVG

Dentyne gum is priced so high you cant afford to sell more than 2 pieces at a time for .25. You cant set a regular machine to do that. From a few reports you cant set thirs to do it either.

Mike

One last thing, we do sell the product only. It does work in the Northwestern using our wheel and NW riser. It also works with the Beaver shallow wheel. Additionally, it'll work in any machine using 1.1 capsules and a capsule wheel. This actually has proven to encrease the number of vends, especially in locations frequented by women (Spa's, health clubs like Curves, etc.) due to a more "sanitary" purchase. We provide the high resolution decals for free.

Steve 

Eve:

If you look back to early January, late December on CL there is another guy selling 60 1-800 machines and another selling 180 that are located. Expanding by buying used machines is the only way to go. These deals com along every few weeks. The interesting thing to note are that everytime someone jumps into bulk, another person seems to be jumping out. The other thing that has me perplexed is this; you can always find people selling Vendstars or 1-800 machines, but never seagas, NW's, AA's or Beavers. Ever wonder why? Mostly it has to do with the fact that Vendstar and 1-800 are biz op's, selling products at much inflated prices  with pie in the sky expectations.

Regards,

Philo

PS- if you ever do see Seagas for sale used on CL I'll be on it like a fly on sh**!

"So vending 2 pieces has nothing to do with the cost."

So why not just use the equipment we already own and vend 4-5 pieces?

Answer: It cost to much.

20% product cost is where a operator should be in my opinion. Thats .05 per vend.

$60 / machine located is a good deal only if the're good locations.  Be sure and check his books good.  I've only bought used machines.  The first time I got 20 for $50 each with half of those located.  I thought that was a good deal until I then got 50 machines for $25 each with 10 of those located.  :D They were Vendstar- I agree that there's a lot on the market- buying used is the only way to go.

"So vending 2 pieces has nothing to do with the cost."

So why not just use the equipment we already own and vend 4-5 pieces?

Answer: It cost to much.

20% product cost is where a operator should be in my opinion. Thats .05 per vend.

A serving of DI is 2-pieces. It even says it on the box. Many people only chew one due to the strength of the gum and how long the flavor lasts. You're welcome to vend more then two but it will obviously impact your profit, just as if you vend 11 PM&M's vs 7.  The cost-per-serving is at or lower then most other premium branded, adult-oriented products.

It's just my opinion, but if consumers had a problem with a 2-piece serving, I'm guessing they would stop buying it. The revenue data we're seeing, backed by many revenue posts on this board, suggests they're not.

(On another note: as a fellow operator, I'd be interested in learning how you average to a .05 vend/20% cogs selling consumable product that people will buy. I know this can easily be accomplished with bubblegum and non-consumables but seems almost out of reach with quality consumables, assuming your providing a fair quantity per vend...)

Hope everyone has a great weekend...

Steve

From my experiences, make sure you are very happy and confident with your triple heads when they arrive.  From looks, to ease of service, to being dependable, etc, etc.  Before you purchase more of them.  I have went through Vendesign 4 selection, Seaga,  a Gumball Machine Warehouse and am now sold on A&A.  I am just glad I didn't buy a whole bunch of those other brands I have not been happy with, even though I wasted a lot of time messing with different brands.  I have almost all A&A's out now and love them.

Just My Thoughts,

Ginger Vend

Faith Vending wrote:

Ok everyone,

My 55  triple heads (1800's )   are to arrive Friday.....Yippie

but I need some advice.............on Craigs List I found 33 (2 year olds) 1800 triheads for sale.  13 placed in location.  My husband talked to him last nite. 

Question is should we buy them or focus on our next machines of Dent Ice.

We do want to expand for the future

Thanks so much for your opinions

Eve