Cell phones

pusherman

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, bad times for the crackberry.  Personally I recommend Nokia barphones.  They are the only phones that can stand up to the beating I give them.  I currently have a Nokia flip-phone.  I cannot F******* stand clamshells.  They ALWAYS break.  Here is a pic of my current phone. (Yes, it works, I just mate the pins and have to open and close the phone a certain way... what do you mean I'm cheap?) 

I paid a scant $4,000.00 for this Motorola DynaTAC 8000X back in 1984 and I still love it! It only weighs 2 lbs and I get 30 minutes of talk time for every charge!

I think I will continue to use this one for a while. They just don't make them like thet used to.

Steve

2 pounds? It looks like it might need it's own dolly;)

I had one of the old Motorola flip phones until a couple of years ago. I dropped it one day and some kid asked " whats that?"

I told him it was an older portable phone and I taken the crank off it to get it in my pocket. He didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I figured it was time for a new one:(

We have the Blackberry's at work and they don't take a lot of abuse. They are not activated for phone use just data so I can't comment on that part. In half of them it resets the server address every night when they get plugged in to charge. As for just a cell phone I use Verizon clam shell with no problem because our whole family uses it. We can call them long distance and it is free so we had our hard line shut off. Most people I talk to complain about Nextel's service here in north central Florida. They say the Sprint ones are much better. Theu do have a good wireless data card that I use for my internet connection and I get about DSL speed.

• 3 months later...