Hello all

dloiselle

Hello All

To say I am new, probably doesn't come close. I have been in business for 17 years, but never in vending. The closest I ever came was maintaining a soda machine when I was a volunteer paramedic.

I recently bought a route, and I am now one of the statistics of paying to much. I did end up with a fair number of machines, but all in all the locations stink. Fortunately I am not in this to support myself or my family, but passive income setup and retirement idea.

I am now concentrating on learning the business, have a well spoken of book ordered written by a forum member, and have the ability to talk to people. So with any luck and a little help from God, I will do ok. I have already spoken with some people that have given me very helpful guidance, and I am sure there are more that will. I will do the same when the opportunity is correct.

So once again, hello all from Albany NY

welcome to the forums,

Read as much of the old posts as you have time for and any questions you migth have, post them here and someone will be happy to answer them for you.

how many locations did you purchase and what type of machines are they ?

Hello All

To say I am new, probably doesn't come close. I have been in business for 17 years, but never in vending. The closest I ever came was maintaining a soda machine when I was a volunteer paramedic.

I recently bought a route, and I am now one of the statistics of paying to much. I did end up with a fair number of machines, but all in all the locations stink. Fortunately I am not in this to support myself or my family, but passive income setup and retirement idea.

I am now concentrating on learning the business, have a well spoken of book ordered written by a forum member, and have the ability to talk to people. So with any luck and a little help from God, I will do ok. I have already spoken with some people that have given me very helpful guidance, and I am sure there are more that will. I will do the same when the opportunity is correct.

So once again, hello all from Albany NY

First the bad news.... you admittedly paid too much for your route. Now the good news...... you found this place which will hopefully help and educate you enough too keep from making the same mistake again. ;)

Welcome to TVF, look around and don't be afraid to ask us oldtimers questions.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you on the board. Hopefully, you can learn alot here, and apply it out there to grow the nest egg you are looking to aquire. There is certainly a wealth of info available to the new vendor on the site.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thanks everyone, now for some answers

AMC -

I ended up with a total of 10 machines. I was told that they grossed 2400 a month and netted between 1000 and 1200. No way on God's green Earth as I now understand. I made my first pull last week, and it totaled about $120.00. Machines ranged from $2.00-$30.00. All together at this point I have about $7200 wrapped up including first load of stock as well as a convertable hand truck for stocking. This does not include time, and fuel.

The machines consists of 2 Polyvend R32 - can not seem to get them to change prices; 1 Rowe 5900 - appears to possibly have 2 bad motors or a bad block on the rear of the shelf; 3 Antatres 2005 with change machines- no obvious issues; 3 snack time table top snack. All are on location, but they stink!!!!!

I have since purchased 1 10 selection table top snack machine from ebay 177 with shipping - parts will fit snack time and Antares - the Antares augers are $70.00 each. 1 DN501E with DBV and set up for 20oz bottles, and 1 Rowe 5900 Refurbed. I got the 5900 for $400 and the 501 for $350.

Noved, JeremyTina, Kelly -

Thank you also. You all are 100% right. There is tons of info here. I read and re-read posts over and over, usually check it twice a day, lol, looking for new posts, info advice that I may be able to use in my situation that others are getting. I managed to get myself into a real mess, but God willing, the road will smooth out. I was fortunate enough that we had a decent snow year up here and I used some of that income to make this step, so it isn't crippling for me. Unfortunately, I was not planning on being in this situation, and as a result with the cost I have endured to this point, it is making things a bit tight. We are still a month out from the construction trade picking up here again, and the machines at this point as I see it are costing me money. I believe that a lifeline so to speak for me will be honor boxes, but with what I have extended to this so far, as foolish as it may seem, I am holding back on ordering the boxes; I just do not want to add more money to my list of expense right now. As I noted above, the road has a tremendous learning curve, and right now, a terrible taste to it.

I have picked up a location that I think can be decent, it will have 3 third party soda from Pepsi which are finally getting delivered today - have been sitting on 15 cases for 2 weeks - GRRRRR!!!!! I was initially going to move one of the R32 to this location, but with not being able to get the prices programmed, ended up purchasing the 2nd 5900. There is currently a 5900 on location that they own, but will not appropriately take change - give you back part or all of your money so I am told, they own it and are interested in me repairing it. I may be interested in buying it. Depends on what I can find wrong. I made a presentation yesterday for a location that will take a full snack and my 501 right off the bat, and would make sense to add another 501 outside. It is a shipping port location I work at unloading salt ships, a large amount of truck traffic in and out daily hauling salt or scrap metal, closest store is 3 miles away. The initial machines will be inside, I am thinking it maybe a good location for an outside machine as well due to truck traffic.

MIssion -

Thank you also. I have read and reread several, lol. I also have spoken with Dogcow via PM several times. He has been a blessing, has given me alot of information from his experiences. I have also spoken with RJT, he has also provided me alot of info. I also just purchased and read within 12 hours, his book. Lots of info there as well. The learning curve in this business is a harsh road, needless to say I am actively covering ground. Doesn't taste very good at this point. LOL I have met quite a few moments in the past 5 or 6 weeks that make me wonder what the he$ I was thinking. My objective was not to get rich over nite or at all, but create a subsidy for myself for the winter months, I need to do about 10k a year to make it through the winter without worrying if it snows or not. I have some other irons in the fire so to speak, so this was just going to be another avenue to add to it, so I thought. Eventually it will get there, I hope.

Can someone tell me what it takes to make it to the plus status, I am quite anxious to read the info that is in that portion of the forums.

Wow, thanks everyone, now for some answers

AMC -

I ended up with a total of 10 machines. I was told that they grossed 2400 a month and netted between 1000 and 1200. No way on God's green Earth as I now understand. I made my first pull last week, and it totaled about $120.00. Machines ranged from $2.00-$30.00. All together at this point I have about $7200 wrapped up including first load of stock as well as a convertable hand truck for stocking. This does not include time, and fuel.

The machines consists of 2 Polyvend R32 - can not seem to get them to change prices; 1 Rowe 5900 - appears to possibly have 2 bad motors or a bad block on the rear of the shelf; 3 Antatres 2005 with change machines- no obvious issues; 3 snack time table top snack. All are on location, but they stink!!!!!

I have since purchased 1 10 selection table top snack machine from ebay 177 with shipping - parts will fit snack time and Antares - the Antares augers are $70.00 each. 1 DN501E with DBV and set up for 20oz bottles, and 1 Rowe 5900 Refurbed. I got the 5900 for $400 and the 501 for $350.

Noved, JeremyTina, Kelly -

Thank you also. You all are 100% right. There is tons of info here. I read and re-read posts over and over, usually check it twice a day, lol, looking for new posts, info advice that I may be able to use in my situation that others are getting. I managed to get myself into a real mess, but God willing, the road will smooth out. I was fortunate enough that we had a decent snow year up here and I used some of that income to make this step, so it isn't crippling for me. Unfortunately, I was not planning on being in this situation, and as a result with the cost I have endured to this point, it is making things a bit tight. We are still a month out from the construction trade picking up here again, and the machines at this point as I see it are costing me money. I believe that a lifeline so to speak for me will be honor boxes, but with what I have extended to this so far, as foolish as it may seem, I am holding back on ordering the boxes; I just do not want to add more money to my list of expense right now. As I noted above, the road has a tremendous learning curve, and right now, a terrible taste to it.

I have picked up a location that I think can be decent, it will have 3 third party soda from Pepsi which are finally getting delivered today - have been sitting on 15 cases for 2 weeks - GRRRRR!!!!! I was initially going to move one of the R32 to this location, but with not being able to get the prices programmed, ended up purchasing the 2nd 5900. There is currently a 5900 on location that they own, but will not appropriately take change - give you back part or all of your money so I am told, they own it and are interested in me repairing it. I may be interested in buying it. Depends on what I can find wrong. I made a presentation yesterday for a location that will take a full snack and my 501 right off the bat, and would make sense to add another 501 outside. It is a shipping port location I work at unloading salt ships, a large amount of truck traffic in and out daily hauling salt or scrap metal, closest store is 3 miles away. The initial machines will be inside, I am thinking it maybe a good location for an outside machine as well due to truck traffic.

MIssion -

Thank you also. I have read and reread several, lol. I also have spoken with Dogcow via PM several times. He has been a blessing, has given me alot of information from his experiences. I have also spoken with RJT, he has also provided me alot of info. I also just purchased and read within 12 hours, his book. Lots of info there as well. The learning curve in this business is a harsh road, needless to say I am actively covering ground. Doesn't taste very good at this point. LOL I have met quite a few moments in the past 5 or 6 weeks that make me wonder what the he$ I was thinking. My objective was not to get rich over nite or at all, but create a subsidy for myself for the winter months, I need to do about 10k a year to make it through the winter without worrying if it snows or not. I have some other irons in the fire so to speak, so this was just going to be another avenue to add to it, so I thought. Eventually it will get there, I hope.

Can someone tell me what it takes to make it to the plus status, I am quite anxious to read the info that is in that portion of the forums.

Sounds like you are making a lot of progress in a very short time. With the machines that are having issues I'd suggest visiting the machines and getting as much info about the machine (brand, model, etc.) and the nature of the problem and post as separate threads in the full line section so we can help you troubleshoot the problems.

I think the plus status requires 20 posts or something like that.

Archived