Craigslist wanted ad

mainor5251

About a week ago I placed an ad on craigslist: Looking for gumball and candy machines on location or just in storage. Call me at 850-814-5251 and let me know what you got. Thanks James

got a response today here are the emails

To: sale-uq2dp-2236836771@craigslist.org

Sent: Mon, March 7, 2011 9:42:42 AM

Subject: gumball machines (Bay county )

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY

** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home

** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping

** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Are you still looking to purchase some?

Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 4:59 PM

To: James Holliday

Subject: Re: gumball machines (Bay county )

Just made a rather large purchase but I am interested in more, let me know what you got by email or call me at 850-814-5251

To: James Mainor <mainor5251@yahoo.com>

Sent: Mon, March 7, 2011 5:19:17 PM

Subject: RE: gumball machines (Bay county )

I have new in the box 23 LPG vending machines all have the same key and lock, a few were taken out to take pictures but other than that they are new. Colors include, mostly red and yellow but I think there maybe a few blue and blacks also. I have included a picture of one we took out of the box, all are like these. These retail around 189-225 depending on where you get them plus shipping. I had just visited Destin this past weekend and I usually hit craigslist whenever I go somewhere just to see if there is anything I can sell, buy, swap, trade, etc,, I am out of Jackson Ms. I would like to get 3250.00 for them. That is a savings of 50.00 per each, I bought these in bulk with free shipping.

Re: gumball machines (Bay county )

James Mainor <mainor5251@yahoo.com>

Add to Contacts

To: James Holliday <jholliday@towerloan.com>

we are world's apart on what I would pay for these, so I won't insult you with an offer. my last deal was for machines that were way better in quality and were like new for a third of that price and that included delivering them to my doorstep. good luck though.

Its funny to see the value some people put on machines, I don't need anymore right now but was curious.

have a couple of friends looking to sell hot dog carts. saw an ad for a guy looking to buy one so shot him an e-mail so I could see if his price range fit what my friends had in mind. the guy was insulting from the get go and the whole time acted like he was doing me a favor. needless to say, I did not pass on any of his info. there may be some good deals on there but there are a lot of kooks.

Its funny to see the value some people put on machines, I don't need anymore right now but was curious.

Yea, mainor. Some things never change. People want to sell their sub-par equipment based on their original purchase price. You always get that line, "well I paid such-and-such for it". Well, no one really cares!

I mean the car dealer could care less what you paid for your car when you trade it in. The person buying your house could care less what you originally paid for it. A pawn shop doesn't care what you paid for an item either. It's all about true market value - right now! Tough pill to swallow sometimes.

Archived