Smart Mech?

Beach Bum Vending

Hello Everyone

I was looking on beaver's website and interested and like hear more about smart mechs. How many of you currently use smart mechs? And how many do have out what is the cost of a unit usually? And how does it work? Do you pay anually for web base soft ware? And PDA I'm lost whats pda stand for and do provide it with initial investment? Just like to hear everybody's opions on smart mech.

Thanks all,

SN

I was talking to them seriously about 8 months ago. What I came to learn is that they have a monthly charge per head, I think it was $2.50 or something. The main module was a couple hundred bucks. Basically the way it works is not exactly the way their website implies. The cellular module is a separate purchase, and they said it's "$700 or $800". That's the only reason I was talking to them to begin with.

After everything was said and done, including the cellular module, it would cost upwards of $1000 per rack. Not worth it, IMO.

Basically what I came to find out is that the main function of their product is to transfer the sales data to your PDA (Personal Data Assistant - Blackberry, Palm, Windows Phone, etc) without the need to count the money.

The concept is great. The price, however, makes it unrealistic.

I have the solution to the meter issue for ALL Beaver Coin Mechs..Stay tuned..

Whats estimated time frame of solution idea? And would it work with a chain of stores? Or if they more one state?

I'm looking forward to hear your idea and what cost would be.

Michigan Mini Vend has developed a meter system that works on ALL Beaver Mechs..Uses a 6 digit LCD battery operated meter head and other various parts that were made by hand..Took us over 3 years to fine tune but we finally have it working 100%. We will be meeting with Beaver Machine at their facility within the next 60 days to show them our system. We have tried the "other" meter systems on the market and have found them to either be not accurate or to be to expensive and cumbersome to install and operate. I do not know what the price will be for our meter, but I know it will be affordable to the average bulk vending operator and it will not be a web based system so of course there will be NO monthly fees! My business partner (and father) passed away 2 weeks ago so we have been behind with our software and meter system..

Will our clients be able to verify the numbers on the system? As you know some of the big clients want to be able to track how much the bulk machines in their store is doing without having to rely on the bulk vending operator....

Michigan Mini Vend has developed a meter system that works on ALL Beaver Mechs..Uses a 6 digit LCD battery operated meter head and other various parts that were made by hand..Took us over 3 years to fine tune but we finally have it working 100%. We will be meeting with Beaver Machine at their facility within the next 60 days to show them our system. We have tried the "other" meter systems on the market and have found them to either be not accurate or to be to expensive and cumbersome to install and operate. I do not know what the price will be for our meter, but I know it will be affordable to the average bulk vending operator and it will not be a web based system so of course there will be NO monthly fees! My business partner (and father) passed away 2 weeks ago so we have been behind with our software and meter system..

currently the meter is inside the machine..only visible when the machine is opened to be filled or collected. We've never run across a location that requested our "meter numbers" be visible. We run collection sheets which have the past meter numbers for each head and then we write down the current numbers. We offer a copy of the sheet to the manager and leave with the money. We then mail commission checks based on the meter numbers and cash collected..

OIC.

What happen when people put pennies, nickels and dimes into the machines that only vent quarters, will the system count them as well or just the quarters?

currently the meter is inside the machine..only visible when the machine is opened to be filled or collected. We've never run across a location that requested our "meter numbers" be visible. We run collection sheets which have the past meter numbers for each head and then we write down the current numbers. We offer a copy of the sheet to the manager and leave with the money. We then mail commission checks based on the meter numbers and cash collected..

just quarters..the meter operates on a full revolution of the handle which only a quarter provides..pennies, nickels, and dimes arent counted..on a beaver mech they just fall through into the cash box..

Archived