I Want to Change Barrel Lock on Top and Camlock on Cash Drawer

T BIRD

The lock that you turn and turn on top of our vending machines is called a barrel lock?  We turn it and it catches the thread of the center rod. My question is:

Is the thread the same on most machines?  I want to change out my barrel lockson the top lid. Does Camlock sell barrel locks also? I know they sell those camlocks that you turn a quarter way and the latch catches.  I hear the Camlock company name thrown around alot in terms of using them to change out locks.  Help!.........:)

Unless you have a very off brand machine most ever center rods are all the same. You should be able to call camlock and just order a standard barrel lock with your own key code. I think they are about 6.00. Why do you want to replace it?

Mike

Camlock is the name of the online company Ginger.  They sell camlocks as well as the barrel locks that we turn and turn on top.

I wanted one key for all my machines.  I use basically 3 companies:  A&A, NorthWestern, and LYPC. Camlock is going to send me a free sample of a barrel lock for the lid.  Like Mike said, all the rods seem to be 1/4 inch which is good. I also want one that is relatively easy to remove from the cylinder.

T Bird if you have lock boxes for coin ask cam lock for thier quarter turn bulk vend lock. I'm sure you will love it, after initial install servicing the machine is a dream. Turn top lock a quarter of a turn and pour product in, no need to turn and turn to fill machine. The only problem as far as I'm concerned is the need for a locked cash box as you cannot remove the globe with the sleeve on the shaft to remove coin.

http://www.camlock.com/English(UK)/HTML/Pr_Detail51F8.php

Grumpy

T Bird Johnny wrote:

The lock that you turn and turn on top of our vending machines is called a barrel lock?  We turn it and it catches the thread of the center rod. My question is:

Is the thread the same on most machines?  I want to change out my barrel lockson the top lid. Does Camlock sell barrel locks also? I know they sell those camlocks that you turn a quarter way and the latch catches.  I hear the Camlock company name thrown around alot in terms of using them to change out locks.  Help!.........:)

T Bird if you have lock boxes for coin ask cam lock for thier quarter turn bulk vend lock. I'm sure you will love it, after initial install servicing the machine is a dream. Turn top lock a quarter of a turn and pour product in, no need to turn and turn to fill machine. The only problem as far as I'm concerned is the need for a locked cash box as you cannot remove the globe with the sleeve on the shaft to remove coin.

T Bird Johnny wrote:

Wow Grumpy!!  Great info.  Thank you.  My LYPC machineshttp://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-16802311020828_1985_6943489 can utilize this half turn lock! Is the install easy?  Do you have an idea of price per?

Hi T bird I did a review in equipment,

This is the person I have been dealing with at camlocks Xoe Rodriguez Xoe.Rodriguez@camlock.com. And if I had that machine that you have actually if my 365 beavers were those I would be a happy camper and change them all to quarter turn.

Grumpy

Hi T bird I did a review in equipment,

This is the person I have been dealing with at camlocks Xoe Rodriguez Xoe.Rodriguez@camlock.com. And if I had that machine that you have actually if my 365 beavers were those I would be a happy camper and change them all to quarter turn.

Grumpy

I spoke with Xoe yesterday.  She seemed very helpful and offered to send me a sample barrel lock to try out.  I am gonna call her and ask for one of these quarter turn locks to try out.  Thanks again!

Hey T Bird,

I also found out today that the quarter turn cam lock key can also be the key for your cash drawer. Imagine 1 key for all of your machines and nobody else has the same key, talk about make your life easier.

Grumpy

So you are changing to the Camolck for convenience, not due to probs or anticipated probs with your current locks from A&A,  etc.  I haven't had any probs yet with mine, but if other locks (A&A's) are prone to probs with key breaking/getting stuck, I would just go ahead and change out now to save me grief in the future.  Thanks for valuable info.

Ginger Vend

T Bird Johnny wrote:

Camlock is the name of the online company Ginger.  They sell camlocks as well as the barrel locks that we turn and turn on top.

I wanted one key for all my machines.  I use basically 3 companies:  A&A, NorthWestern, and LYPC. Camlock is going to send me a free sample of a barrel lock for the lid.  Like Mike said, all the rods seem to be 1/4 inch which is good. I also want one that is relatively easy to remove from the cylinder.

So you are changing to the Camolck for convenience, not due to probs or anticipated probs with your current locks from A&A,  etc.  I haven't had any probs yet with mine, but if other locks (A&A's) are prone to probs with key breaking/getting stuck, I would just go ahead and change out now to save me grief in the future.  Thanks for valuable info.

Ginger Vend

T Bird Johnny wrote:

Ginger......I am just exploring whether to buy one lock from camlock for all my machines with one key for all.  My Elite locks are fine. And if I can see my way thru to buy and fit all my mchines with that 1/4 turn camlock? Then my life as a vendor will be that much easier.

( PS.......I love spending money ) 

Hey T Bird,

I also found out today that the quarter turn cam lock key can also be the key for your cash drawer. Imagine 1 key for all of your machines and nobody else has the same key, talk about make your life easier.

Grumpy

I spoke to Zoe yesterday Grumpy.  She will send me a sample of the quarter turn lock also.......;)

Well T Bird, guess I will leave my current locks on for now since they are paid for;) and they are all working properly at present.

wrote: [/b]

ginger vend]So you are changing to the Camolck for convenience, not due to probs or anticipated probs with your current locks from A&A,  etc.  I haven't had any probs yet with mine, but if other locks (A&A's) are prone to probs with key breaking/getting stuck, I would just go ahead and change out now to save me grief in the future.  Thanks for valuable info.

Ginger Vend

[user=155]T Bird Johnny wrote:

Ginger......I am just exploring whether to buy one lock from camlock for all my machines with one key for all.  My Elite locks are fine. And if I can see my way thru to buy and fit all my mchines with that 1/4 turn camlock? Then my life as a vendor will be that much easier.

( PS.......I love spending money )