National 146 Snack Issues...

I.O.Vend

Ok so I have been working on vending machines for awhile now but this is one that is just stumping me. The machine keeps reading COINS ONLY. However i have plenty of change in the tubes and i can access all menu functions like test vend and set price. The coin mech and validator do not accept money however they do power up when you turn on the machine. I know they power up because i can hear them and i can even hit the buttons on the control board to kick out coins and the coin mech kicks them out fine. I have changed both the main control board and the smaller money board... AND the harness and it still does the same thing. Is it the power supply? Am i missing a harness somewhere?

It is a Maka NB11 Remote box does it have switches i need to set?

Nope, sounds like it could be a bad validator. Was it ever working under the current coin mech and validator? Even though you hear the validator "fire up" when turned on dosent mean it is working 100% correct.

Technivend should be able to help you out when he checkes in. I am not a service tech but know my way around repair to get by and be dangerous. ;D

Nope, sounds like it could be a bad validator. Was it ever working under the current coin mech and validator? Even though you hear the validator "fire up" when turned on dosent mean it is working 100% correct.

Technivend should be able to help you out when he checkes in. I am not a service tech but know my way around repair to get by and be dangerous. ;D

Sounds good thank you =D. No i didnt change the validator. Will the validator cause the coin mech to stop accepting coins?

A 146 will read coins only if it is jammed or has a bad signal coming from it. You state in another forum (this ones better ;) ) you changed the coin mech with another 12 pin. You need to make sure that the one you put in is 110-120v one and not a 24v one.

I would power off the machine and disconnect the validator, you don't need this to operate the machine. Down on the bottom left inside the machine you will see a white switch. The machine will read coins only unless that is pushed in (ie: door closed or taped).

Sometimes it is easier to take some non working components and test them out in another machine and verify they work, instead of just swapping parts into the non working machine. BUT and it is a big but, if you have a bad component you can/may damage the good machine if you are not careful.

Thank you so much for all your help. Unfortunately i still have the same problem. I took your advice and put the entire board in a working machine to test it. It tested out fine. The coin payout buttons on the control board work just fine. I unplugged the validator and tried it, still doesnt work. I have a 110 v 12-pin in there and i taped the doorswitch. What is left to change out? The board i have is one of the older style with the fuse. The fuse looks fine and like i said it is getting power because the coin payout buttons work. Im so discouraged at this point...

If the board and the coin mech work ok in another machine then we need to look elsewhere. Lets leave the validator out of the equation for now as it is only one more thing to screw around with. I am assuming you swapped the entire board assembly, harnesses and all? If so the next step would be to look at the motor harness to be sure the machine sees the motors.

Have you tried the machine in free vend mode to be sure everything functions without coins being required?

Take the tape off of the door switch, go into a mode (meter?) and close the door. Does the screen go back to default?

You have a strange issue. I am leaning towards the door switch. Have you verified the switch with a meter?

Archived