How often do you make your own labels vs. purchasing them?

btuck32

12 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you make your own labels vs. purchasing them?

• Always make them
    • Never make them
    • Only make them for certain labels
    • I don't use labels at all and avoid the whole issue
    • I used to buy them now I make them
    • I used to make them now I buy them
    • A little of both. Depends on my mood and what I have on hand.

As a new vendor, I've discovered the many routes to go in labeling your product. I've bought labels online, both for bulk vending and flavor strips for soda vending. I've also made my own flavor strips and bulk vending labels. I've seen pros and cons to both method. I've even seen some vendors that don't label at all. Just curious what other people do.

I do both. I thought making my own would be cheaper but after doing it for a year and a half, I've realized it really isn't I basically make candy labels now. Most of the toys I just buy a couple. I seem to sell more when I use a good looking label.

Some stuff I make my labels. Like Treasure Chest. I buy a flat label from A&A and then put foam behind it and glue some toys to the front with the hot glue gun.

We pretty much do the same as Hillbilly. I buy the toy displays, but I print out my own candy labels. I also print my own soda flavor strips. We just print out as many that will fit on a page, laminate, and cut them out. I have them all in a handy accoridian type file box ready to go.

I forgot to mention that I laminate all mine as well. As of right now, I have no organization to mine. I keep them all in a pile and look for the one I need when I need it. Maybe I should move that up on my list. Or at least put it on the list.

Archived