Mars Mei 7000 series changer help

I got another 3rd party machine placed Friday unexpectedly. Didn't have time to fully "play" with it due to working day job. It has a Mars Mei 7000 series changer in it. I have looked online to answer my questions but not having any luck getting them answered.

It has 5 columns and they are labeled from left to right, .25 .25 .10 .25 .10

There is no nickle column, and Although I requested the Bill acceptor to accept $5 not sure if it does or not, didn't have time to truly play with it. I also wanted the changer to hold $1 gold coins so someone didn't get $3 in quarters. (highest priced item is $2)

Do I need to buy a "cassette" for the changer that has nickles and gold dollars? or is this changer techie enough that I just recalibrate it?

Also in the manual that I down loaded, it says you set the prices through the changer? is this true? or do I still just set the prices up through the control board like I have on my other Royal 660 chameleon machines?

I got another 3rd party machine placed Friday unexpectedly. Didn't have time to fully "play" with it due to working day job. It has a Mars Mei 7000 series changer in it. I have looked online to answer my questions but not having any luck getting them answered.

It has 5 columns and they are labeled from left to right, .25 .25 .10 .25 .10

There is no nickle column, and Although I requested the Bill acceptor to accept $5 not sure if it does or not, didn't have time to truly play with it. I also wanted the changer to hold $1 gold coins so someone didn't get $3 in quarters. (highest priced item is $2)

Do I need to buy a "cassette" for the changer that has nickles and gold dollars? or is this changer techie enough that I just recalibrate it?

Also in the manual that I down loaded, it says you set the prices through the changer? is this true? or do I still just set the prices up through the control board like I have on my other Royal 660 chameleon machines?

Are you sure you got that right and did not misread the tubes? What happens when you put nickels in? Do they drop through to the box or do they go into one of the tubes? If it that way have Coke come out and replace it. That's part of the agreement they have with you, why spend your own $$ on something they should be responsible for?

The ones I have have are on DN glassfronts but all programming, including pricing, goes through the control board.

Sorry folks, I misread it! Yesterday I went out to stock the machine with what little product I had. After stopping by the bank to get dimes, I find that the changer is 4 25cent tubes and 1 5cent tube. I rummaged through my car and managed to come up with 50cents worth of nickles.

I was able to set the prices up through the board like I have done with all my coke vendors. I put a couple dimes in and they registered as they should, they went to what I call the over flow bin.

Archived