Hello from newby in NC

1stnnr

Hello

and thanks to all who make this a great site .

I am 47yo and feel it. I love building and repairing things but I don't know how much longer I'll be physically able to do that type of work. So I'm looking for something less demanding on my old bones.

The area I live is allways growing ( Raleigh , Durham , Chapel Hill , Wake Forest , Cary , Apex , and more ) . There has to be hundreds of untapped locations for vending.

I made my 1st million $ ;) selling newspapers @ 15 cents each before I was 16 , so I know it's possible to make a nice chunk of change by only making a small amount from each customer.

Recently I've noticed a new type of vending that rents DVDs. When searching this site I didn't find anything about them. Does anyone here have any experience or knowledge with the DVD vending :huh:

I believe 1 company is called Red Box.

Hello

and thanks to all who make this a great site .

I am 47yo and feel it. I love building and repairing things but I don't know how much longer I'll be physically able to do that type of work. So I'm looking for something less demanding on my old bones.

The area I live is allways growing ( Raleigh , Durham , Chapel Hill , Wake Forest , Cary , Apex , and more ) . There has to be hundreds of untapped locations for vending.

I made my 1st million $ ;) selling newspapers @ 15 cents each before I was 16 , so I know it's possible to make a nice chunk of change by only making a small amount from each customer.

Recently I've noticed a new type of vending that rents DVDs. When searching this site I didn't find anything about them. Does anyone here have any experience or knowledge with the DVD vending :huh:

I believe 1 company is called Red Box.

As far as I know Red Box machines are owned and operated at the corporate level, they don't sell distributorships or franchises. There are some companies that offer DVD machines in a "business opportunity" which are at a minimum way overpriced all the way down to an outright scam.

This is strictly my opinion, but I think that the DVD vending concept is approaching its peak. With more and more on demand availability of movies through cable companies, Netflicks etc. at some point it will be more convenient to rent a movie from your couch than to go to the nearest Red Box unit which will lead to their demise much like the video rental stores like Hollywood Video and Blockbuster.

1stnnr,

I am still new at this but I can suggest that you read everything that you can on this forum regarding different types of vending and machines available.

Essentially you want to buy good used equipment so that you can break even in your lifetime. Most of the biz ops are extremely expensive. The information is here waiting for you to read it. Good luck.

As far as I know Red Box machines are owned and operated at the corporate level, they don't sell distributorships or franchises. There are some companies that offer DVD machines in a "business opportunity" which are at a minimum way overpriced all the way down to an outright scam.

This is strictly my opinion, but I think that the DVD vending concept is approaching its peak. With more and more on demand availability of movies through cable companies, Netflicks etc. at some point it will be more convenient to rent a movie from your couch than to go to the nearest Red Box unit which will lead to their demise much like the video rental stores like Hollywood Video and Blockbuster.

Mission vending is dead on!

When searching this site I didn't find anything about them.

make sure that when you perform your search that you are searching the entire site.

There are several threads posted about dvd vending.

Archived