DN 368 Door

Hi folks, I am seriously considering refurbishing my old DN 368. Before I purchased it, it had been broken into. The metal of the door that goes around the t-handle is dented in. there for, when you go to lock the handle, you have to hit it with your fist for it to lock. In order to get the handle to pop out after unlocking it, you have to pull it with the key still inserted into the lock.

SO! My question is, where do I find a door for this thing? I have googled and cannot find anyone selling doors.

Or would you suggest attempting to beat out the metal so the lock with lock and unlock more easily?

Depending on the age you can probably get that piece right from Dixie (just the panel). Since you will need to disassemble that are anyway why not try using a hammer and dolly and try to straighten it out a bit. Unless the metal is badly stretched it should be pretty easy to clean it up. Also if they tried to pry in that area they may have moved the t-handle itself to the point it rubs on the door. Try loosening up the handle mounting bolts and realigning it.

Archived