What the one thing that scares you the most?

coin_king

Whats the one thing that you worry about or are scared of the most with your bulk vending machines or routes, mine would have to be losing a site i'm always paranoid that when i go into do a service they are going to tell me to take the machine away "we don't need it anymore" it raley ever happens but i hate it when it does, i got the grand daddy of them all when i just found out that i've been told to take my machines out of a chain of stores just the other day  probably lose around 50-60 heads will now be off site ...:X

Whats your fear?

My biggest fear is the Boogie man telling me he doesnt want my machine in his store as he is stealing it! :D

Seriously though, My biggest fear is having a child choke to death on one of my gumballs. I know, I'm bringing everyone down but you did ask.

BTW Welcome Coin King!

Steve

AMEN

I have this heavy a** machine in my hand and they shrug their shoulders as though I'm the a**hole.   I rather you be straight with me and tell me over the phone you have had a change of heart and don't bring the machine.

Coop

I would like to chime in on this discussion.  I think all of your fears are merited, and I do know what you guys are talking about.  I once had about 11,000 in credit card debt that made the lump in my throat a little bigger each time I serviced my routes.

1)  Keep fighting; nobody stops you as much as "you".  It is like locating machines... be a bulldog (fight relentlessly).  Don't let the word "no" get the best of you. 

2)  The easiest way to lose a location is to be apprehensive about going in and talking to the owner or manager.  If they have to or want to kick you out, it will happen.  Getting to know the owner on a little more personal level (don't hug them or anything) helps you to solidify a good business relationship and builds a personal relationship that makes it harder for them to kick you out for any reason.  Think about bringing bad news to people that you know and like even the least amount.  Those 7-10 year locations happen from this.  The owner or manager is more likely to call you if they are closing if they have some past relationship experience with you.  If you are the sneak in and sneak out guy, then they will lock you out or take your machine without a doubt.  I once had a guy move my machine to his new location and call me to let me know.  I asked him where the other machines were at.  He said he never heard from those guys so he just left the machines behind.

3) On the counter side, I have lost machines in locations where my relationship was lacking.  Either it was stolen or the business closed and they were gone.  In this case, I did a terrible job of building that relationship. 

Finally, most of my advice comes from my screw ups.......Live and learn and some other cliche.  Keep fighting and vending.  You can make money at this.  Work hard, be diligent, and most of all, I wish you a little luck.  While I am writing this, someone is probably stealing one of my machines : )

I would like to chime in on this discussion.  I think all of your fears are merited, and I do know what you guys are talking about.  I once had about 11,000 in credit card debt that made the lump in my throat a little bigger each time I serviced my routes.

1)  Keep fighting; nobody stops you as much as "you".  It is like locating machines... be a bulldog (fight relentlessly).  Don't let the word "no" get the best of you. 

2)  The easiest way to lose a location is to be apprehensive about going in and talking to the owner or manager.  If they have to or want to kick you out, it will happen.  Getting to know the owner on a little more personal level (don't hug them or anything) helps you to solidify a good business relationship and builds a personal relationship that makes it harder for them to kick you out for any reason.  Think about bringing bad news to people that you know and like even the least amount.  Those 7-10 year locations happen from this.  The owner or manager is more likely to call you if they are closing if they have some past relationship experience with you.  If you are the sneak in and sneak out guy, then they will lock you out or take your machine without a doubt.  I once had a guy move my machine to his new location and call me to let me know.  I asked him where the other machines were at.  He said he never heard from those guys so he just left the machines behind.

3) On the counter side, I have lost machines in locations where my relationship was lacking.  Either it was stolen or the business closed and they were gone.  In this case, I did a terrible job of building that relationship. 

Finally, most of my advice comes from my screw ups.......Live and learn and some other cliche.  Keep fighting and vending.  You can make money at this.  Work hard, be diligent, and most of all, I wish you a little luck.  While I am writing this, someone is probably stealing one of my machines : )

that is a good post