Securing change machines

lurtsman

The machines I have are tall and top heavy. I want to make sure they don't fall, but I don't think many of my locations would support drilling into their walls to use bolts. Suggestions? In one location I used a 3/16th braided cord with a plastic coating and crimped it. This works because the machine is kind of in a corner and I have a rack to put the cord around. What about the more open areas though? Ideas greatly appreciated. I have 2 of these machines currently and have a deal in the works to buy another 3.

The machines I have are tall and top heavy. I want to make sure they don't fall, but I don't think many of my locations would support drilling into their walls to use bolts. Suggestions? In one location I used a 3/16th braided cord with a plastic coating and crimped it. This works because the machine is kind of in a corner and I have a rack to put the cord around. What about the more open areas though? Ideas greatly appreciated. I have 2 of these machines currently and have a deal in the works to buy another 3.

With the ones I have, they are either "bolted" to the wall or to a snack machine with 2" angle iron brackets that I made. They are very top heavy when filled with change. Are you attaching them to racks? Can the racks handle that kind of weight? Have you thought about fabricating some sort of bracket that would allow you to put it in the center of the rack (for weight distribution) and then heads on either side of it? Ought to make it a little harder to mess too.

Archived