Frustration and wasted time and gas

dpvnc

Drove 45 minutes one way to place a machine at a location a locator got for me. Only to be told NO! so much for verification.

ok that's it! no more locators for you! you are to good at vending to be using a locator anyway!

I have calmed down a bit since the post. Kickstart was the locator. I am sure they probably got told yes. The person that said yes was not there. It was a mexican restaurant so maybe language barrier played a part. I am still frustrated by it. I am trying to grow my route in that area.

• 4 weeks later...

I have calmed down a bit since the post. Kickstart was the locator. I am sure they probably got told yes. The person that said yes was not there. It was a mexican restaurant so maybe language barrier played a part. I am still frustrated by it. I am trying to grow my route in that area.

I've learned, if it's a long drive then call first. I get turned away mostly by people who don't seem to understand what a vending machine even is. Last guy thought it was a donation box for the counter. And then there are the places who say they'll let you locate wherever there is room....but there is no room. I stick to the rule of not leaving machines outside the building.

• 1 month later...

I'm bringing this thread back. I've recently partnered up with a friend who runs a non-profit. He has donation boxes that can be folded flat so they don't waste my space to carry them. If a location says no they don't want your machine, but volunteer to have a donation box (these things are like 20 cents) I will give them the box and tell my friend where I put his box. He seems to love what he's doing so more power to him.

Archived