condesor test failure

anyvendingcom

I have a basic understanding of the soda machines.

What are some of the ways of testing or troubleshooting a soda condenser?

(I have one that is not completely out, but it doesn't cool all the way either. It was

fine before, but now it maintains a 40s degree temperature)

Thank You all.........

I have a basic understanding of the soda machines.

What are some of the ways of testing or troubleshooting a soda condenser?

(I have one that is not completely out, but it doesn't cool all the way either. It was

fine before, but now it maintains a 40s degree temperature)

Thank You all.........

There is nothing to troubleshoot on the condenser or evaporator either. These are just radiator type objects that are used to transfer heat and do not have any moving parts. Your unit will either be low on gas or have a bad thermostat.

First make sure the condenser is clean and the machine isn't against the wall. Next look at this posting and try the tissue trick. There is a way to check if the unit is capable of making enough cold for the machine by unplugging the evaporator fans. After you unplug them let the compressor run for about 15 minutes or so and let us know what the ice on the evaporator looks like, or better yet post a pic of it.

There is nothing to troubleshoot on the condenser or evaporator either. These are just radiator type objects that are used to transfer heat and do not have any moving parts. Your unit will either be low on gas or have a bad thermostat.

First make sure the condenser is clean and the machine isn't against the wall. Next look at this posting http://vendiscuss.ne...-iced-overhelp/ and try the tissue trick. There is a way to check if the unit is capable of making enough cold for the machine by unplugging the evaporator fans. After you unplug them let the compressor run for about 15 minutes or so and let us know what the ice on the evaporator looks like, or better yet post a pic of it.

Great response, thank you...I will try it.

That looks more like a thermostat/air leak issue. Meaning either the thermostat has malfunctioned and doesn't shut the compressor off or the machine is allowing air to get into the machine either by a bad gasket or the door not closing properly. I would first try letting it melt down and replacing the thermostat. If it happens again get a picture oft either side were the line go into the evaporate coils. (when you say the compressor fan is running do you mean the one below or above?)

That looks more like a thermostat/air leak issue. Meaning either the thermostat has malfunctioned and doesn't shut the compressor off or the machine is allowing air to get into the machine either by a bad gasket or the door not closing properly. I would first try letting it melt down and replacing the thermostat. If it happens again get a picture oft either side were the line go into the evaporate coils. (when you say the compressor fan is running do you mean the one below or above?)

I had them turn it off. I cleaned all the contacts and the door, and the next day they turned it on. It seems to be fine now and cooling in the 30s.

Thanks Technivend :)

Archived