My First Certs / Dentyne Ice Placement

T BIRD

I am delivering a 2 head Certs and Dentyne Ice machine to JC Penney on Friday morning.  There are about 200 employees with probably 125-150 sales ladies and men among them. My gut is telling me that this will be a great placement for these 2 products.  The lord knows I need a little good fortune with these products as most of my Dentyne placements need to be changed.

I will post a photo of the machine tomorrow evening.  Both heads are capsules.  I used 2 A&A Elites.

One is dark blue and the other is a green that goes SO well with the Certs decals. I am pumped!:cool:

Theo.......yeah we just have to be very selective on where Dentyne or Certs may do well.  Women's health spasa, hair salons, nail places, a break room with lots of retail sales people you know places like that stand a decent chance of producing revenue with these 2 products.

T,

Any advice how how we might be able to avoid the bad locations for DI? I assume it was the locator's "fault".

theo

Congrats on the location T-Bird. I assume Marjorie got this for you?

Ironically, I just spoke with her (We were talking about you... ears ringing??)and provided some feedback on locations for the DI/Certs.  She is now avoiding the small muffler shops and break rooms with lower employee count.  We're finding that "white-color" break rooms with 50+ employees that also has coffee service are doing well.   Additionally, the highest grossing locations are:

-  Any place that services alchohol, ie. bars, pubs, bar & grills, pizzeria's, sports bars, etc.

- Casual restaurants and buffets

- Waiting area's of busy car dealerships ( a customer in AL has a DI in 3 and averaging over $70/mo ea.)

- Salons and day spa's

- Fitness Centers and health clubs

-Medical and Dental facilities

T-Bird,

I gotta say that is one sweet lookin' machine.

Sounds like you've got a great location for it too.

Mind if I ask?...

How many 1.1" caps did you have to fill with each product to fill each head.

I was recently in a Medical Facility here in OKC. It had a gross, empty, (Silent Sales Force), two head bulk candy machine. The tax stamps expired 6 years ago! :shock:

I'm gonna try to "trow da bum outta der", and was thinking a similar set up as your's would do great in that location.

Thanks for posting those pics and getting me all worked up! Now I gotta convince the boss, (read as... wife), to part with the moola.

Dave

T-Bird,

I gotta say that is one sweet lookin' machine.

Sounds like you've got a great location for it too.

Mind if I ask?...

How many 1.1" caps did you have to fill with each product to fill each head.

I was recently in a Medical Facility here in OKC. It had a gross, empty, (Silent Sales Force), two head bulk candy machine. The tax stamps expired 6 years ago! :shock:

I'm gonna try to "trow da bum outta der", and was thinking a similar set up as your's would do great in that location.

Thanks for posting those pics and getting me all worked up! Now I gotta convince the boss, (read as... wife), to part with the moola.

Dave

Dave......thanks buddy!  I am not sure how many to fill it.  I should find out though huh? I am vaning issues with capsule wheels though.  Had a very bad day actually Dave.  I am gon na post a thread about the issue right now.

T,

Any advice how how we might be able to avoid the bad locations for DI? I assume it was the locator's "fault".

theo

Congrats on the location T-Bird. I assume Marjorie got this for you?

Ironically, I just spoke with her (We were talking about you... ears ringing??)and provided some feedback on locations for the DI/Certs.  She is now avoiding the small muffler shops and break rooms with lower employee count.  We're finding that "white-color" break rooms with 50+ employees that also has coffee service are doing well.   Additionally, the highest grossing locations are:

-  Any place that services alchohol, ie. bars, pubs, bar & grills, pizzeria's, sports bars, etc.

- Casual restaurants and buffets

- Waiting area's of busy car dealerships ( a customer in AL has a DI in 3 and averaging over $70/mo ea.)

- Salons and day spa's

- Fitness Centers and health clubs

-Medical and Dental facilities

My ears were ringing Steve! Posted Image 

Like the way you colormatched the machines to the decals, however I am not feeling the multicolored capsules. I'd have matched the capsule colors to the machine colors if you could get em or at least just have used all clear ones. The multicolors kinda make it look like toys inside.

T Bird Johnny wrote:

Here are a couple of pics..........

See, I like the colored caps. Attracts people to the machine. The all clear caps suck. You can not open them, I have bought them in the past to mix with BB, and you can NOT open them. I had managers telling me that people had to throw them hard against the floor to open them. That was the only way I could also.

Having to throw a cap with stuff you put in your mouth against the floor, is not good. LOL!

Kyle

I was not aware the clear ones are harder to open. That could get annoying. Given a choice I'd prefer a single blue color cap for the DI and Certs anyway.

Also I noticed and maybe Polecat can answer this. Why do the Certs labels not have the 25 cent price on them like the DI labels? I noticed T had to put a red 25 cent sticker on the Certs machine.

Guth Vending wrote:

See, I like the colored caps. Attracts people to the machine. The all clear caps suck. You can not open them, I have bought them in the past to mix with BB, and you can NOT open them. I had managers telling me that people had to throw them hard against the floor to open them. That was the only way I could also.

Having to throw a cap with stuff you put in your mouth against the floor, is not good. LOL!

Kyle

Adam.......the real pain for me ( well one of them at least.....lol ) is the Certs label sticks to the inside.  Its not the static cling thing. ( that rhymes! )  The Certs labels are static cling though.

I just want these two products together to make me money!

I was not aware the clear ones are harder to open. That could get annoying. Given a choice I'd prefer a single blue color cap for the DI and Certs anyway.

Also I noticed and maybe Polecat can answer this. Why do the Certs labels not have the 25 cent price on them like the DI labels? I noticed T had to put a red 25 cent sticker on the Certs machine.

Cadbury printed the decals without the  25 cent price. We were not aware that this happened until we received them. It will be included on the next production run of decals. Until then, we do have a supply of  25 cent stickers if anyone needs them.   -Steve,  spvg

Guth Vending wrote:

Kyle

very nice...so if I might ask, can you give me a rundown on the the cost for this setup? How much were the machines and stand, capsules, etc.

The stand is $35.00, and the machines are $60 apiece. I am changing machines though.  I am having problems with this Elie model.  I am going to use the Supreme model from A&A instead which is $61 each. The Supreme has panels.

My small paneled Supremes came today.  Same colors in green and blue.  Kyle.......the capsule wheel seems mistake proof! I love it!  I am actually gonna count how many caps go into a head.  I am curious on how many they hold.

So you liked them? Did you see the handles and stuff I was talking about.

The head comes off the body. Force it off if it does not come off.

Kyle

I think I am gonna love these machines. I saw the handle etc.  I just gotta get a system down for emptying the quarters. I bought a pair with candy wheels.  Havent opened them up yet.  You said I can change the vend amount on the candy wheels without unscrewing the head?