First attempt at delivering a charity machine [LOL]

Profits

Received a location from Kickstart on 08/30. This note was in my Admin Panel, along with the phone number and address of the location.

I spoke to Jacob the manager he allowed us to drop off our toy machine and that will be next week Tuesday at around 10:00 in the morning because he is not available this week he is on a business trip for this week and he said please bring charity paper works for him to see. Thank you

Arrived this morning at 10:30 (elevator in my building was broken, go figure). Knocked on the door. No answer. This retail ice cream shop has it's large corporate office sitting right behind it, so I walked around back and chatted with the front desk person. Told him who I was, he said he'd call someone to let me into the store. I told him I just needed to drop off a machine.

Interestingly, that's all you really need to say to get access to the store during off-hours. That made me a bit uneasy because I didn't exactly want to just drop off the machine without talking to someone first. So the lady that was letting me in called the store manager, and he left a meeting early to meet with me.

I mentioned my phone guy had talked to him earlier in the week and I just needed to drop off the machine. He was like "Oh, I just started yesterday... I don't think it was me. What are you dropping off?" I said "Lemme show you..." as I lifted the tailgate of the SUV. I showed him the toys, the signage, the machines, etc... told him it was 2.37sq feet. Handed him the NCCS brochure, and my card.

He said "well, I don't see why this would be a problem... but I really want to talk to the person above me before I go ahead and give you the OK. I'd hate to say 'bring it in' only to call you shortly after and have you pull it."

I said "Yes, absolutely... I understand." He said he'd be back in the office around Sept. 26th and he'd be able to chat with me about it more then. He did seem enthusiastic about the whole concept. He had zero objections aside from needing the proper authorization.

Not exactly the "Put it over there" response I was looking for. :)

what size and number of machines were you delivering? I believe that when you use NCCS, you are suppose to put a sticker on each machine. If you were trying to place that 4-way of yours, then that sounds like a neat trick. The only toy locations I ever got from them were really bad.

what size and number of machines were you delivering? I believe that when you use NCCS, you are suppose to put a sticker on each machine. If you were trying to place that 4-way of yours, then that sounds like a neat trick. The only toy locations I ever got from them were really bad.

Are you implying I'm doing something underhanded?

I just reviewed the NCCS contract and associated paperwork. I don't see any language that would imply I need a label on every machine in my display. Here's the only relevant quote I could find pertaining to how stickers are to be used on vending displays:

"A label should be displayed on the vending unit in your location."

I see nothing requiring my use of a sticker per machine. I'll comply with all requirements but I'm fairly certain charities don't want to be throwing down rules that could limit the willingness of vendors to contribute to their cause. Their intention is to encourage vendor support, not to rake you over the coals and have you over a barrel.

And this by no means limits my ability to contribute to the cause. It only limits my liability.

That's what I get for trying to writevsomething meaningful with my Android.

The "neat trick" is getting a location worthy of a 4-way rack, with charity, and secured by kickstart. My experiences with them have been far less rewarding. With regard to one-sticker-per-head, that is something I heard on another group a few years ago. I have no idea if it pertained to NCCS or some other charity. And what I heard it was one sticker per machine, not per head, so tripples count as one machine.

My understanding is that any machine/head with the sticker is giving to charity. If there is another without the sticker then there is no implication that it is also giving to charity or the same charity. You could possibly have three heads with three different charities. You might get a location that would request all three heads be charity but I don't think it would matter much to them.

My understanding is that any machine/head with the sticker is giving to charity. If there is another without the sticker then there is no implication that it is also giving to charity or the same charity. You could possibly have three heads with three different charities. You might get a location that would request all three heads be charity but I don't think it would matter much to them.

Exactly. The only rules charities will impose on a vendor go as far as the price you pay to display their sticker, and nothing more. In my case the obligation for this 4-way display is $12 / year. You can pay for as many stickers as you wish to pay for, but it doesn't obligate anyone to more than that...

I think where people are getting confused is thinking that the collective display indicates the financial obligation, instead of the sticker itself.

Profits, Ive been working with Locators for 13 years and your experience is pretty typical. In fact, I've come to expect only leads and nothing more.

Darryl, I understood what you meant about "neat trick". In all my years buying locations (leads) I've probably had only 1 or 2 that I felt could sustain anything more than a double. Getting a rack location out of a locator is rare in my opinion. Unless you use Hot Spot! :)

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Archived