How do you keep track of your keys and the machines they go to

acvending

How do you guys manage all the keys to your machines. Do you put them on a large ring and label each key somehow with a machine number? Do you have one or two master keys that fit all your machines. Give me the scoop?

Adam

I keep a master key ring in my car and I have the keys marked individually by machine company.  When I get to a location I simply unhook the key I need and do my thing and then come back to the car and put the key back on the ring and go to the next location.

Or if I am servicing alot of machiones in one day, I hook the master ring onto my belt.

acvending wrote:

How do you guys manage all the keys to your machines. Do you put them on a large ring and label each key somehow with a machine number? Do you have one or two master keys that fit all your machines. Give me the scoop?

Adam

my key chain is a hula hoop. :P

What do you use to mark each key with?

T Bird Johnny wrote:

I keep a master key ring in my car and I have the keys marked individually by machine company.  When I get to a location I simply unhook the key I need and do my thing and then come back to the car and put the key back on the ring and go to the next location.

Or if I am servicing alot of machiones in one day, I hook the master ring onto my belt.

acvending wrote:

Adam

my key chain is a hula hoop. :P

ROFL!!! Posted Image 

If you don't have too many, someone suggested color coding your keys. Mark the color at the top of your route sheet and go in with the right key.

I only have about 6 different keys and I carry them all. I think I may color code the machines as well.

I too do it like Anderson Vending, each set has it's own key tag.

Mine are all color-coded, and numbered. ie: Blue 101, Yellow 102, Green 103, etc...

Each location has it's own Service Record sheet and lists what color and key number go with that particular machine.

Each machine is also numbered on the back with it's appropriate key number, just in case.

I, so far, only have 4 sets to keep up with. More to come later. This system helps keep me organized, and makes servicing faster, when I don't have to guess what key to use next.

Dave

I orginally marked mine with sharpie pen with the machine on one side and the machine number on the other. In my route book I keep track of the machine number in each location. It is wearing off so I think I will fork out $25 for an engraver and try that.