A Very Bad Day With 1.1 Capsule Wheels!!

T BIRD

:X I had a terrible day placing my 2 head Elite  Certs/Dentyne machine today at JC Penney. The capsules would not vend.  They vended, then they did not vend, then they vended, then they did not vend.  My wife and I were so embarrassed in the breakroom.  Their were a bunch of employees there talkin' and watchin' us.  We were very generous with all of them handing out capsules so that was good.  But we eventually had to take the machine back to our storage area to take a good look at it.  I must have spent over an hour trying to get the stupid thing to vend correctly. One of the wheels was right from the factory.  The other I put in matching what I saw in the other.  Geez.......this ain't freakin rocket science but I just could't get it. And then once I got the machine back to storage, I put 17 straight quarters in both mechs and got a capsule every time! So now I replaced these two heads with two other Elite heads, brand new and just out of the box w/ capsule wheels in them. The same thing started to happen. And when I finally left it, it was working properly.

I am bringing the machine back there in the morning with my fingers crossed.  Any help from some veterans would be appreciated. 

Make sure you have the riser out of the machine.

John

Thanks for the feedback John.  The wheel set up is straight from the factory. There is no riser with a capsule setup as far as I know John. Its just 2 pieces each with springs I think.  I have not touched it with these 2 machines.  I am going to bring the machines to the location without any capsules unlike yesterday when both heads were filled with them.

John,

With A&A, you have to watch with the wheels getting "Out of place". This means that when the coin mech is turned, they sometimes skip a gear, resulting in a mis vend. This happens with a capsule set up a lot. I have never had the problem with the PO89, but the PN95 has given me trouble before (That is why I don't buy them).

Happy Birthday today, and good luck with your wheel problem.

Kyle 

That makes some sense to me Kyle.  I can see if I dont have the front of the body tightly down onto the base it may skip a vend because the teeth dont catch.

Hmmmmm.......I am stuck with it for now I guess.  Thanks for the birthday wish.

Try tightening it down all the way. The tighter the screws, the more pressure there is on that black ring. That helps. One other thing that contributes to the mis vend, is the weight of product is not there with toys.

Kyle 

You know what Kyle?  I have played with that stupid Elite so much the past couple of days trying to make it vend a capsule consistently that I am sick of it already.  I am just too afraid its gonna happen on location and then I am really screwed.  I didnt put anything at JC Penney today.

I am going to order a pair of the PO89s and take your advice.  I will have them and placed by next Saturday. Thanks for your help!

Ok make sure the hole in the wheel is lined up with the drop hole on the machine.You should be able to turn the wheel freely from the bottom with your finger.If it doesn't turn freely then it is miss vending because it's not in right and skipping.The brush housing usually has a notch in it that goes in a slot on the hopper,if it's not in correctly the wheel would be tight and hard to turn.Check the teeth on the mech sprocket and they should be kind of pointy if they are to rounded they are worn out for some reason.Check the teeth on the capsule wheel to make sure they are not broken or worn out.Make sure the machine is lined up correctly and tight.

Usually you can feel the skipping when miss vending can you?

Or it just doesn't feel smooth.

Fred

T Bird Johnny,

Sorry to hear about all your troubles.  I can't give you any advice on the Elites sorry to say.  I have got approx 10 PO89s with the DI in them and have checked half of them already.  The only prob I noticed was 2 of the caps in one of the machines had opened---maybe I didn't get them closed good?  Everything else seemed to be fine though and my tests vends worked.   Believe the 89's you ordered will work for you just fine.

T Bird Johnny,

Sorry to hear about all your troubles.  I can't give you any advice on the Elites sorry to say.  I have got approx 10 PO89s with the DI in them and have checked half of them already.  The only prob I noticed was 2 of the caps in one of the machines had opened---maybe I didn't get them closed good?  Everything else seemed to be fine though and my tests vends worked.   Believe the 89's you ordered will work for you just fine.

Kyle is very high on this model.  I am going to order a couple in the morning. If it all works out, I will simply use the panel head for everything instead of the Elite model. ( I hope the key can remain the same ).

Thanks for the advice.  I will do that from now on.

Ginger Vend

Guth Vending wrote:

Machines will not cause capsules to open. Sometimes capsules will not be tight, or the cap does not fit the capsule right. If you will take the capsules, and dump them from 1 box, to anther, it will open all the caps that a duds. That will help to not clog your machine.