Tx Paramedic new to Bulk Vending

Coolclay84

Hey everyone,

i'm new to this vending business. I work full time as a paramedic and I was looking for something to do with my spare time. (I only work fri,sat, and sun) I've thought about getting into the vending business because of the flexibility. I was wanting to know what brands do you suggest for the bulk vending? I've seen multiple kinds but I don't want to get an inferior machine.

Also, what kind of profits do you normally see? I've heard anywhere from $5-$10/month per head... seems very low to me. (I know location is everything.) Also could you give me an idea on how much an average coke machine normally brings in a month? I'm trying to decide if buying 10-20 bulk machines would be easier or more profitable than 2-3 coke machines. I'm looking to expand and any information you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Travis

Welcome!

Here is some advice from a fellow newbie.

1. Start off slow.

2. Buy one or two machines, and go from there (don't even think of buying 10-20 machines right now, unless you want a garage full of new machines that just sit - learn from the seasoned pros on VENDiscuss, most are very helpful.).

3. There is no such thing as "normal profits", as each location is unique, and what might seem like low profits to you, is a good profit for someone else (it's highly subjective).

4. If you are only going to vend beverages and food, then you need to visit the "Beverage and Food Vending" forum on this website. Currently, you are posting in the bulk vending forum, which deals primarily with capsule toys, stickers/tattoos, gum, and candy.

5. Good Luck!

Hey everyone,

i'm new to this vending business. I work full time as a paramedic and I was looking for something to do with my spare time. (I only work fri,sat, and sun) I've thought about getting into the vending business because of the flexibility. I was wanting to know what brands do you suggest for the bulk vending? I've seen multiple kinds but I don't want to get an inferior machine.

Also, what kind of profits do you normally see? I've heard anywhere from $5-$10/month per head... seems very low to me. (I know location is everything.) Also could you give me an idea on how much an average coke machine normally brings in a month? I'm trying to decide if buying 10-20 bulk machines would be easier or more profitable than 2-3 coke machines. I'm looking to expand and any information you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Travis

Hey everyone,

-Travis

If you are doing drinks only you are looking at $30-50 a week gross, most places where the drinks do above $50 a week are going to require snacks. I am talking about cans priced at .65-.75 you can do bottles and increase your gross number but your equipment cost and product cost is going to be much higher too.

now there is nothing wrong with these kind of small locations as long as you only have a drink machine there but remember you have to deal with equipment break downs could cost you a few weeks worth of money in parts plus you dont make money when its broken, plus you gotta know how to fix it! If you deal with the bigger drink/snack locations equipment breakdowns are less of a headache because you are making a lot more money. It sucks to spend $50 replacing a bill validator in a machine where it will take 2 weeks of sales to recoup that money. Theres also the downside that repairs have to made much more quickly in these larger accounts because there is more competition and you will probably have to offer commission and incentives. Also you have to consider moving the machines around and the costs associated with that. I use a professional mover because he has all the equipment and is insured.

Personally i recommend looking into snack or penny candy honor box vending, its cheap, and simple, theres no equipment to break and for ~$200 initial investment and some luck you can make your money back in 2 weeks. Plus it requires the same sales ability as full-line or bulk vending so you will tell quickly if you are comfortable doing the sales aspect. If you aren't well just throw the boxes out and eat the snacks, no big deal.

Archived