Stealing accounts from Coke / Pepsi?

BobTHJ

Just curious for those with 3rd party experience. I'm in the middle of getting set up for 3rd party with Coke and Pepsi. I have up until now tried to get my own soda machines placed by offering commission, better service/selection, and/or better price than the existing on-site pepsi or coke serviced machine. If I continue this practice going forward do I risk jeopardizing my relationship with Coke/Pepsi? I don't want to blow my 3rd party contract because I got a Pepsi machine booted from a location. I've heard some mention that the bottling company reps are often happy to turn over machines to you to be serviced and if this is the case it shouldn't be an issue going forward.

I see 3rd party as a way to more rapidly expand, though in the long run I'd rather be running my own machines.

Just curious for those with 3rd party experience. I'm in the middle of getting set up for 3rd party with Coke and Pepsi. I have up until now tried to get my own soda machines placed by offering commission, better service/selection, and/or better price than the existing on-site pepsi or coke serviced machine. If I continue this practice going forward do I risk jeopardizing my relationship with Coke/Pepsi? I don't want to blow my 3rd party contract because I got a Pepsi machine booted from a location. I've heard some mention that the bottling company reps are often happy to turn over machines to you to be serviced and if this is the case it shouldn't be an issue going forward.

I see 3rd party as a way to more rapidly expand, though in the long run I'd rather be running my own machines.

Usually its not a problem but sometimes personalities will get in the way. Just be professional about it. I have also limited my third party equipment to one bottler (Coke) and my only relationship with Pepsi is product orders.

I wouldnt make a habbit of going after stand alone drink accounts that already belong to Coke or Pepsi. If it is a full line type of account then fine but trying to knock Coke and Pepsi out of certain type of accounts can jeopradize your situation for third party. I am in a situation right now with Coke on a location. It is an apartment complex that is a full line type account and it still is being an issue. In the end I am going to win because I have the upper hand but it can be a bit dicey unless you are willing to tell them to go pound sand and you dont need them.

Archived