Mysterious Energy Drink Machine

BobTHJ

At one of my accounts where I have a bulk triple-head vendor there is an energy drink machine. It is the same size as a full-size soda machine but only has 3 selections. There is a display about 2/3 of the way up the machine where you can set a can of each selection that is visible through a small display window. I'm purchasing this machine from it's owner today for $500 - but I have no clue what kind of machine it is. It's the only machine this vendor still has - he kept it because it was a good account and is close to his house, but is just tired of the hassle.

I know this account moves a lot of product (when you walk into this place literally everyone has a Monster in their hand) - so I feel comfortable paying the $500 for the location even if the machine itself is worthless - but was curious if anyone knew anything about this type of machine or could identify it for me? I'll try and snap a picture or find a manufacturer's label when I visit it today or tomorrow.

im curious to see a pic does it just say "ENERGY DRINKS" on it? if its what im thinking

ive seen them for sale on CL, they are some kinda biz op machine repair guy i use works on them too. If its as big as a regular machine, and the location warrants paying 500 bucks (hopefully you saw some sales records, taxes,reciepts something) get a real machine in there quick before someone comes along and gives you the old heave-ho

I suspect it is a biz-op machine. The guy I'm buying it from says he had four of them but sold the others. Yes, I think it says "Energy Drinks" on the front and is light-blue in color, IIRC. My intent would be to replace it with a real drink machine ASAP and offer more selections that way - and either move the junk biz-op machine to a smaller account or get rid of it.

He says he moves 6-8 cases of Monster through the machine a week (which wouldn't surprise me - 50+ employees and I see monster cans everywhere) but I plan to get some verification first.

I suspect it is a biz-op machine. The guy I'm buying it from says he had four of them but sold the others. Yes, I think it says "Energy Drinks" on the front and is light-blue in color, IIRC. My intent would be to replace it with a real drink machine ASAP and offer more selections that way - and either move the junk biz-op machine to a smaller account or get rid of it.

He says he moves 6-8 cases of Monster through the machine a week (which wouldn't surprise me - 50+ employees and I see monster cans everywhere) but I plan to get some verification first.

yeah i know that machine its a biz op machine..dunno who makes it or if parts are available but the repair guy around here fixes them so there must be some way to get parts

parts. The machine is not worth much ive seen them on craigs list they get reposted over and over with lower prices.

im curious if they have 50+ employees, but no real drink machine, no snacks.. that seems kind of fishy especially based on the kind of #s ur talking about. what kind of business is it call center?

It's an industrial warehouse and they do have a pepsi-owned soda machine beside the energy drinks machine. I keep trying to get a snack machine in there but the owner doesn't seem to want one for some reason - probably because he drinks too much Monster to think clearly (he buys them three at a time)

It's an industrial warehouse and they do have a pepsi-owned soda machine beside the energy drinks machine. I keep trying to get a snack machine in there but the owner doesn't seem to want one for some reason - probably because he drinks too much Monster to think clearly (he buys them three at a time)

who gets the commissions off the soda machine? the owner? the other vendor? u might get them out of there if you own your own

equipment a lot of people drink coke over pepsi, machines where

i have both it outsells pepsi by a big margin...but the commissions pepsi pays are big you could not really offer as much

who gets the commissions off the soda machine? the owner? the other vendor? u might get them out of there if you own your own

equipment a lot of people drink coke over pepsi, machines where

i have both it outsells pepsi by a big margin...but the commissions pepsi pays are big you could not really offer as much

I'm not sure if Pepsi pays commission at this location and if so how much. The owner is a bit of a quirky fellow and doesn't talk much. I may try to take over servicing the Pepsi machine if my sales rep will go for it. It seems Pepsi (and Mt. Dew) are the big sellers around here. I carry both in my combo machines and the Pepsi outsells the Coke by about 2:1.

So the energy machine is a VM-470 III, a biz-op machine made by Entech USA (I managed to get a manual). It's not a full size machine but a half-size machine cleverly disguised on a stand with ski/snowboarding graphics that carry across the full front and sides to make it look like a full size machine. It only holds ~160 cans. This particular one apparently has a busted coin mech (which the owner avoided by charging $2.00 even for the drinks and forcing customers to use the DBV). I was about to back out of the deal when he offered to throw in the 8 cases of Monster in his garage (~$240 value) so I went ahead with it. Overall it appears to be a huge piece of biz-op junk - but it should do its job until I can purchase a soda machine to replace it.

Archived