Correct Wiring of Jones plug for Dixie Narco?

jaritakku

A 4 price 90-series Dixie Narco from 90-ties (in Coca Cola colours) 320 DNCB 360cc/210-6

Serial nr: 1127-6078BQ with Mars electronics CashFlow 694 coin validator (ME 690 series).

Works with 110V.

Inside of the machine is wiring instruction sticker with the text: 4-prise Dixie Narco 90-series

How should wiring go on changers side on jones plug for four price? Or single price?

I got some instruction to use following:

1 -> power/common -> brown red

2 -> neutral -> blue

3 -> prise 1 -> orange

4 -> prise 2 -> yellow

5 -> paid coins -> vhite/brown

6 -> blocker -> violet

7 -> prise 3 -> green

8 -> prise 4 -> black

but the coin changer doesn't work. Power doesn't come on.

And there is still grey and white cords left on harness.

Help!

A 4 price 90-series Dixie Narco from 90-ties (in Coca Cola colours) 320 DNCB 360cc/210-6

Serial nr: 1127-6078BQ with Mars electronics CashFlow 694 coin validator (ME 690 series).

Works with 110V.

Inside of the machine is wiring instruction sticker with the text: 4-prise Dixie Narco 90-series

How should wiring go on changers side on jones plug for four price? Or single price?

I got some instruction to use following:

1 -> power/common -> brown red

2 -> neutral -> blue

3 -> prise 1 -> orange

4 -> prise 2 -> yellow

5 -> paid coins -> vhite/brown

6 -> blocker -> violet

7 -> prise 3 -> green

8 -> prise 4 -> black

but the coin changer doesn't work. Power doesn't come on.

And there is still grey and white cords left on harness.

Help!

Does the machine have the wiring in it for a four price? Do you know if the coin mech works? I have to ask but you are testing the machine with product in it in order to trip the sold out levers? What is it that you are trying to accomplish? Do you want 4 price, single price or just to get the machine working?

Yes, I am trying to get machine working. I just bought this vending machine and it was having single Price Mars electronics MS1000 6 coin validator (ME 1600/1900 series). In some day in history MS1000 has got failure and previous owner has made some own jumper connections to Jones Socket to make Dixie work without coins. I mean, when I got the machine, it doesn’t ask any coins for to release products. Simply just by pressing selection button, it gives so many products as you want to.

Ok, I was checking the Dixie and it works really fine. All functions works perfect and all wires are exactly like they should be.

Only thing that was not working was the coin changer.

So, I was asking around and all people that I could find were recommending to buy another coin changer because this MS1000 is already sooooo old and there is no sense to fix it.

I bought MEI 694 CashFlow, and sales company in Germany was asking me “how that your original coin changer is wired?” and because I didn’t know anything about previous owners self made wiring, I was informing the company about the wiring as it was.

Result was the same as with original MS1000. There is power on in coin changer, but No need to use any coins to get products.

So, I was contacting the seller company in Germany and got this wiring information, but this doesn’t even put the power on to CF694. So I assume it’s totally wrong and I need help.

Our local suppliers can’t help, because in this country they usually use 240V machines and 24V coin changers.

They don’t know about Jones socket connection at all.

On a single price pins 1&2 are your supply power. I believe it is pin six that should have 110 volts to it as well to activate the blocker circuit. you need to see it you are getting the voltages at these points before we go any further. You mention that it was rewired for a free vend. Did you check to be sure that none of the wires are shorted out prior to the jones plug? And if it was jumped out is the vend relay circuit intact?

Now you mention 220 volts vs 110 volts. Where are you located and what voltage are you using?

Yep, my location is Finland :)

And the problem is almost solved.

There was a bad connection in jones socket and that caused broken fuse. Now its working, but with one issue.

CF690 doesn’t accept two of biggest coins in our currency. It accepts 5c, 10c, 20c and 50c, but not 1e and 2e. It says “1e inhibited by default” and “2e inhibited by default”.

I got the instructions how to enable coins, and by the procedure it looks that it really enables.. and it does one coin, ..but the next one is causing the same “1e inhibited by default”.

What setting is wrong in this machine? Why it doesn’t hold the enabled coin?

Archived