V-Lines

frntrange

Steve,

I use some of these machines. They are some of my older machines and for the most part have worked out fairly well. I am not a fan of the large square globe though.

I am going to part out some of these and offer them up over at http://www.VENDeals.com so keep an eye out if you are interested.

Steve

And they still have product in them? Are they in decent shape? I can't believe they have no contact info on them. Do you have to register each machine with your city? You might check with them if you register your machine and maybe they can tell you who the owner is. I might be tempted to see if my keys fit any of the machines. I take it the owners don't get a take from these machines and they are charity based.

V-Line look the same as LYPC's Pro-line. http://www.Candymachines.com sells Pro-line machines and parts. LYPC is very similar but may have a few differences like the locks and keys they use. You can check out http://www.Gumballmachinefactory.com for LYPC products and parts. One of them will have what you are looking for.

Gary

• 3 months later...

Thanks for offering to review the V-line brand machines for the forum. We look forward to hearing more about your findings in a couple of months.

Did you buy the used? That seems like a very good price.

I use Pro-line machines which are exactly the same and have done a review on them a while ago. You will find it in the REVIEW section. I am interested in reading what you think about them.

Thanks again.

Gary

The man I bought them from siad they were on location for 1 month. He have me a great deal, (although I didn't relize 'till I got there.)

The base is plastic and the mech and trimming are metal (look like chrome)

I don't know how sturdy these are, time will tell. Opening the machine takes a ton of turns of the lock, and I could see servicing it to be a hassle, as you have to take the whole machine off to reach to coin collector and remove it. Again, time will tell. Also, the braket looks to be different from the ones on my other machines.

Does anyone know if a standard LYPC bracket will fit on these?

I was unaware that these machines were the same as the pro-line. That makes me feel better, I couldn't find them for sale new (which made me a little uneasy)

I'll let everyone know how it goes.:D

Here are two web based businesses that sell V-line and Pro-line.

Everything is the same except the wheels. They are not interchangeable.

V-Line

http://www.candymachines.com/

Pro-Line (LYPC)

http://www.gumballmachinefactory.com/

I use The gumball machine factory all the time for my pro-lines and step stands. Call them about the cash boxes and if you can buy them without the rest of the machine.

Gary

Flipside,

Opening the machine takes a ton of turns of the lock,

Adjust the centre rod, (should adjust down so it does not stick up so high) so you don't have to turn forever. Also check out camlocks quarter turn top lock. Then there is also cash drawers that may be available for them

• 2 weeks later...

I'm mad.

Not about the V- lines, per say.

The guy I bought them from said that the candy wheel would vend gumballs

It does, but only for the first couple vends, then people pay for nothing. I guess he didn't know.

I've had locations get mad at me for ripping them off.

And now I have to pay another $19 for a gumball wheel on each one.

But...:?That's the cost of doing business I guess.

Philip

• 3 weeks later...

Happy w/ the prilines so far, exept for one thing that bothers me.

The candy wheel only gets big enough to vend 6 peunut m&ms

I've had to put them on location that way...grrr.

Other than that, I'm quite happy.

flipside, I just got a V-Line double and had the same problem. I bent the metal candy wheel all the way in and it now vends 7-8 consistantly.

As for the looks of the machine, it's real nice looking. I'm a fan of the squared off globe. However, I'm not too thrilled in the fact the body is all plastic. It doesn't seem rugged enough. Looks like it could crack easily.

This is the one with the cash drawer. I can relate to the ton of turns in opening the lid. The cash drawer is the same way. It's not a quater turn like most others. You have to unscrew the lock like the lid and then remove the drawer.

I also don't like the fact that you have about 9 screws to remove to adjust the vend size. You first have to remove the globe (4 screws) then remove the bushing (2 screws) then remove the wheel (3 screws) because the wheel fits into notches for the vend size. If there's an easier way, I haven't figured it out.

Time will tell if it's a big hassel servicing it.

Would I buy another one. More than likely not, due to the fact the there is alot of work to service the machine.

Happy w/ the prilines so far, exept for one thing that bothers me.

The candy wheel only gets big enough to vend 6 peunut m&ms.

What are prilines or pralines?

And at $2.00 a lb cogs would be 25.5%. at $3.00 a lb cogs would be 38.3%. I would say you are actually about at the right vend setting not knowing your actual cost.

My cost is $4.00 a lb and I vend 5 at 42.5% it should be 3 at 25.49% or 4 at 34%. Hence why I'm considering changing to a dollar vend with larger amounts of vend 12 will bring me to 25%.

V lines,

There is someone local to me offering up 30 v-lines...15 stands..6 used 24 new never used...

As many of you know..I have used uturns exclusively...I have read this thread...

:huh: If I can get these relatively cheap...Will they give me a good year or two??

:huh:? Can I vend DI or Certs with these??

I am wanting to fill the gaps in my local area....and move some of my 4/8 selects to better areas..

:huh: If I can get these relatively cheap...Will they give me a good year or two??

I can't say they will or won't. I just got mine and put it on location today. The coin mech works smooth but then it may break in a year or two. Mine is brand new, so I can't really give you an idea on how well it will perform.

:huh:? Can I vend DI or Certs with these??

Only through a cap and gumball wheel. I don't think they come with gumball wheels, so you will have to purchase them separate.

I personally got mine at $40 a machine, and feel that I got an great deal. I would agree w/ G-man on pricing.

I fully expect to get a few years out of them from what I've seen so far.

They absolutly will add to your service time though. If your looking to rapidly expand for cheap, I would buy these, and replace them w/ another  easier machine when they break (that's what I'm going to do.)