Any Reviews?: Vendoco V-Max 840

carogan

Boys and girls!

Does anyone have any experience with a VendoCo Model V-Max 840 (machine built in the mid-90s)? There are two models available for sale that I'm looking at.

This is what the seller has told me so far:

- Machine is listed and recommended for outdoor use.

- Parts and manual is still available on VenoCo website at www.vendoco.com

- Machine has 10 rows with a capacity of 80 cans per row (total 800 cans) or 36 20 oz. plastic bottles or 32 16 oz. glass bottles.

- 1 machine has a lock mechanism with no lock tumbler and the other has a lock tumbler with no keys.

- The manufacturer does not stock locks as they are standard, can be rekeyed at a local locksmith or purchased online (Ebay.ca has locks available starting at 6.99 and Craigslist also lists locks of varying costs).

He has two of these machines and he's asking $950 each.

1. Are these good machines?

2. Do you have a checklist of things I should be testing when I go out and check it out?

3. I noticed that the seller has told me that it can do cans, 20oz bottles, and 16 oz bottles (I know not to do glass bottles). Can these be adjusted so that I can sell energy drinks, etc. that are larger cans as well?

Thanks for all your help. I'm really excited about exploring this venture!

Rob

Boys and girls!

Does anyone have any experience with a VendoCo Model V-Max 840 (machine built in the mid-90s)? There are two models available for sale that I'm looking at.

This is what the seller has told me so far:

- Machine is listed and recommended for outdoor use.

- Parts and manual is still available on VenoCo website at www.vendoco.com

- Machine has 10 rows with a capacity of 80 cans per row (total 800 cans) or 36 20 oz. plastic bottles or 32 16 oz. glass bottles.

- 1 machine has a lock mechanism with no lock tumbler and the other has a lock tumbler with no keys.

- The manufacturer does not stock locks as they are standard, can be rekeyed at a local locksmith or purchased online (Ebay.ca has locks available starting at 6.99 and Craigslist also lists locks of varying costs).

He has two of these machines and he's asking $950 each.

1. Are these good machines?

2. Do you have a checklist of things I should be testing when I go out and check it out?

3. I noticed that the seller has told me that it can do cans, 20oz bottles, and 16 oz bottles (I know not to do glass bottles). Can these be adjusted so that I can sell energy drinks, etc. that are larger cans as well?

Thanks for all your help. I'm really excited about exploring this venture!

Rob

The biggest problem with these machines (if I've got model right) is that its 79" tall. Its a monster to handle,totally dominates a breakroom and many locations don't like them. Should get both for less than 950.

Have them plugged in prior to your looking at them, see if they get cold without evaporators freezing. Bring some change (mostly nickels) and a few bills and test every column.

The biggest problem with these machines (if I've got model right) is that its 79" tall. Its a monster to handle,totally dominates a breakroom and many locations don't like them. Should get both for less than 950.

Have them plugged in prior to your looking at them, see if they get cold without evaporators freezing. Bring some change (mostly nickels) and a few bills and test every column.

Thanks MV.

Yes, I think that I could probably negotiate that price down to what you suggested.

Thanks for the tip regarding the height and the testing.

Do you know if these models can be adapted to other bottle/can sizes so that they can do the larger energy drink selections?

Thanks

Thanks MV.

Yes, I think that I could probably negotiate that price down to what you suggested.

Thanks for the tip regarding the height and the testing.

Do you know if these models can be adapted to other bottle/can sizes so that they can do the larger energy drink selections?

Thanks

Doing Monster 16 oz cans should not be a problem. Set programming for single depth (bottles) and then set shims for the cans.

Archived