3rd Party Pepsi Deal....

JoeT

Ok, so I'm trying to start (keyword is start) selling sodas. I have a place that has 70 drivers in and out 24-7 365 and about 15 full time office employees. This is a taxi-cab joint. According to the Pepsi Rep - I need to order 4 cases per week, which equates to approx 14 vends every single day just to meet the minimum. It also 20 oz bottles - so my question is - is that enough volume to meet the minimum....I know you guys don't have a crystal ball, but what's your gut feeling....

My stance is doubtful - the Pepsi rep said that they will drop the machine off at my commercial address and then it's up to me to install and deliver....two things which I have never done. Honestly, I may pass on this opportunity and hope that it's still there when I get my cash flow up.......

Ok, so I'm trying to start (keyword is start) selling sodas. I have a place that has 70 drivers in and out 24-7 365 and about 15 full time office employees. This is a taxi-cab joint. According to the Pepsi Rep - I need to order 4 cases per week, which equates to approx 14 vends every single day just to meet the minimum. It also 20 oz bottles - so my question is - is that enough volume to meet the minimum....I know you guys don't have a crystal ball, but what's your gut feeling....

My stance is doubtful - the Pepsi rep said that they will drop the machine off at my commercial address and then it's up to me to install and deliver....two things which I have never done. Honestly, I may pass on this opportunity and hope that it's still there when I get my cash flow up.......

This sounds like a pretty good stop. If you are not ready to jump in yet you can still make money on this account.

Ask Pepsi about providing full service on the machines, they fill and maintain it but they send you commission as long as the machine remains on that location. Its not a bad deal, just call the sales representative. If you are not sure of who to contact in your area let me know and I can look that person up for you...then just give them a call.

You will have to go in and close the deal with your customer so you can order the set up from Pepsi but that isn't hard to do. You will need to quote them some prices so check with Pepsi to see what they are pricing their products at in your area and what commission they can pay you out of that price.

If you want more commission then you need to increase the pricing when you talk to your customer and let Pepsi know the deal.

Poplady

Gimme a break! 4 cases of soda is unrealistic except for the best of accounts! 4 cases at $1.50 per soda is nearly $150/week. I have 2 soda machines that consistently do that much and maybe 5 that do that consistently during the summer out of a total of 85 accounts! I have over 30 3rd party Pepsi machines and NONE of them do 4 cases a week. I doubt very highly that the Pepsi rep will hold you to 4 cases per week. An average machine will do $50/week, a good one will do $100 and its only the great ones that do $150 or more per week! ($1.50 for 20 oz soda as basis)

What you are describing is an account that I would expect to bring in somewhere between $50 and $100 per week at $1.50 or $1.25 for Pepsi. That is a good account that I would be happy to have. There is also the possibility that it will do better. In the summer time I am willing to bet that it will do MUCH better. A colleague of mine built his whole business around cab and black car stops just like you are describing and he says the numbers I just stated are right on target. He had nearly 25 of these stops in Brooklyn and Queens before he sold them off fairly recently. If I were you, I would take the stop and see what it does. IF you don't sell enough soda, the worst that will happen is that Pepsi might threaten to pick up the machine or actually go out and pick it up. I HIGHLY doubt that they will do that. In the meantime, you get to sell soda and learn about the machine and the business with no initial capital outlay!

Archived