Working on buying my first Route.

vendsmarts

I am working on buying a route of 24 macines in 21 locations. Most are no rent, a few charity, 3 at 25% to business onwer. They are red metal triples heads and some locations have an added big gumball machine. The locations look good.

2 in government building. A Lexus dealer, auto repair shops, A news paper headquarters, A goodwill store, A bar, gun shop, cell phone accessaries store, A good amount of industry type businesses, non-dine in pizza place, Trucking stop or store.

He wants $125 for the locations currently making $50+ a month and $30 to $40 each for the ones not doing well. This is with the machines. IT may be worth doing because i could always pull out of poor locations and sell the machines to make back the money.He has been too busy to manage the route and told me that one location he has not been to in a yr. I think it the route gets the attension it needs it could do very well.

I may not buy the whole route. I may just buy all the free rent and charity locations. 1 of the government locations is workmans comp office and it charges 25% and does so well he has 2 triples there, so i may take it.

I will of course want to check every location and talk to the manager and make sure the spots are in good standing. Also get sugestions on what product they may want to see there.

Any ideas how I should handle this that I may not of though of?

Do you have the seller put the sale in writing or just hand over the keys? I kinda want it in writing.

Sounds like a good deal...

Are the locations near by?

How would u know he diesnt keep.spare keys and takes some cash? Should go w him and service the whole route so he introduces you and you see if you like it and what they make. Also try to not offer what employees want put whats most profitable and try different candy. If u see alot of diference in profit per head change the product. For example if your machine made 50 a month abd 35 was pmm 12 skittles and and 3 in peanuts then obviously theres people who buy there just not the right product

They are pretty close to me. most with in 20 miles. the lexus dealer is not far at all. the goodwill is like 8 miles away and I want that one the most. This guy even has machines in his house 15 of them. he listed them on craigslist tonight for $25 a piece. thats for red triples. its shocking!

He found a great paying job working 9 to 5 and has little time for the business. I can understand this because tonight i went to the Lexus dealer to take a look, but it was in a department that closed at 6pm. So a lot of the places close for the day before he can make the time to service them.

He said something about checking his route this wk. i will tell him i want to go with him.This deal seems too good to be true. getting already placed machines for half of what their going rate on ebay is. I invested a lot of money in machines lately. So I may not be able to buy this whole route unless i get it cheap. otherwise I wont have funds left to stock it. HE seems very motivated to sell. I hate to low ball a great deal but I may have to.

Also I have thought about what if he has keys he doesnt give me and emptys. I have machines at home I can use to switch with ones out. I also may put my spiral at the goodwill in place of the big gumball machine there. He sent me a pic of the big gumball. It looks expensive.

U should buy all those triples too. Sometimes we let the good deals pass us by...try to get a loan or something. Make an offer you can afford be cool with the guy tell him eventhough its a great deal your investing alot. Were most people take years to build up you wanna take it all. Tell him your not trying to lowball...just afford. Dont let it pass you through!

I am going with him on his route friday morning. There is a city in his route that i was going to pass on because its almost 20 miles away.But guess what? Kickstart got me a bar location in that city so I may change my mind on it. I looked up the bar on yahoo and it has some bad reviews, but it may be good for me. The complaints are that people wait too long for their food. Maybe they will fill up on my candies.

Kickstart also found me a popular restaurant /bar location. Paninis. Idk if any are near you, but there food is great, they always busy and parents take their kids there .

Another location Kickstart got me a Chiropractic office location. Im not sure if that will be a good one.

They still need to find me 3 more locations to complete my order, but it can wait a few days. I have a lot on my plate now.

I ordered more National childrens cancer stickers last friday. I only have 1 on hand. I hope 2 of 3 the businesses I set up in tomorrow understand. I will give them a copy of the document from NCCS. Ill just tell the truth. Each sticker has to be special ordered from NCCS and has its own serial number.

Archived