I got the first boot in person today

JLM Vending

Been vending over 17 months now, so very surprised it didn't happen sooner. But the owner of the mexican place is new and he told me to keep the spot for now, but eventually he said a new spiral will be coming. He started talking about how it's gonna bring him in some big spending cash, he was kinda funny how he talked like that, he was young. He didn't use the word cash, but was waving his hands like he was a G. And he said I could install a new spiral gumball if i have one, since that's what he wants. But the other vendor there has a hoop machine and eventually he would like to remove both of us since he installed a new fridge and wants just one machine. Oh well.

Oh well, you can't win them all I suppose. It's too bad to hear that you're getting the boot. I don't know how Vending got this reputation as a get-rich-quick venture, but it's certainly made fools of a lot of people. Maybe this clown will be one of them.

Good luck finding your machines a profitable new home.

He didn't exactly say when the spiral is coming. Should i just wait for him to call me or should i service 2 months later anyways? I think the guy was saying something like, ''were gonna roll up some massive transactions with the gumball.'' He is mistaken if he thinks he's going to with one spot. He might make 40 bucks at most, but will have to spend hundreds initially.

I got the boot in one of our vending accounts Tuesday also. It is a full line account with 60 or 70 employees. Another vendor cut his price and that appealed to them. My thoughts are if that is how they are going to get the business more power to them. I don't feel like we are swimming in excess money and he won't be either by under cutting our price.

I wish all venders would stand their ground on price so that we all can make a good living. Thats enough on the bad news the good news is I sold a new vending account, the contract is signed and we move our equipment in July 30th and they have 200 employees. Good things do happen when we just keep plugging away.

The only regret I have with the new vending account is that they went with the vending and not the Company Kitchen.

If he is asking your for a spiral He is thinking it will bring kids in to buy stuff. Or the happy meal marketing plan. Kids want happy meal toys so they drag mom and Dad to McDonald's. You know what your pull are from there. If it will be profitable with a nice used spiral you can find on craigslist or ebay for 100-150 bucks. if Not let him by a new on for 500-800 plus the shipping and pay for overprice stock on ebay. Of course he will probably just see the quarters and not pay attention to the total cost or the ROI until 3-6 months later after the novelty wears off and it is doing a steady 10 bucks a month or so. thinking What a fool and then you can buy it off of ebay or Craigslist for 100 bucks.

Archived