Northwestern 60 machines.........

T BIRD

The only thing that has stopped me from purchasing more of these is the price.  I believe its around $78.00 per unit with the cash and dash feature.

Pros - 1. The machine is rock solid IMO.  As soon as you pick it up and feel the various pieces you know right away its a well built machine

2.  The key and lock work very well together unlike other machines out there where I struggle with them to take the lid off or tighten it on.

3.  The coin mech seems simple and very easy to take on and off the body if need be.  ( you wont need to though )  Its very heavy, triple chrome plated very shiny ( which I love! ), and has never caused me a problem to date )

4.  The cash and dash feature works great for me.  You simply lift the base of the body up an inch or two and then there is a lip on the back part of the base that hooks the upper body and holds it while you place your hand under and pull out the coin tray, dump it, and place it back into the base.  You then simply lift the body abit to unhook from the back and place it back down on the base.  Walla!  Takes all of 10 seconds to complete. Oh yeah one more thing.  EVERY SINGLE COIN LANDS IN THE COIN TRAY!  NOT UNDERNEATH IT LIKE OTHER MACHINES.  That makes the cash and dash worth it to me.

5.  Its a standard candy wheel like most others.  The different slots are numbered for you.  Works fine IMO.

Cons

1.  High Price ( $72.00 )

2.  Lots of gorgeous colors.  But you pay extra for all of them except red.

Could someone comment on this machine who runs them without the cash and dash feature please?  Is it easy to get the coins into a bag with out this feature?  Does the body hang on to something on the base to allow the vendor free hands to scoop and hold a bag in the other?

With the NW Super60 or 60. I would not buy the cash and dash. You unlock the machine lift the body, globe and lid straight up. Turn it just off center to the left or right and set it down on the lips of the base. There is plenty of room to scrape the Q's into a container.

Pro's

1)  Everything works smooth. Lock & Mech

2) No screw mech removal. Just flip up the leaver and pull it out.

3) Every Machine you get is FLAWLESS.

4) Easy of service.

5) Color options. Buy some red and some white. Then mix. Base, Body, Hopper , and Lid. You can do with any colors you want. We have Black and Orange. Red and White. Pink and Purple. ( You can see these from a mile away! )

Cons:

1 Price. BUT - You can get it down by saving and ordering as many as possible. I know this isnt an option for some but it can be done. I paid $60.25 this year and that was with the mech being up graded to .50.

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks Mike.  Cash and Dash is not necessary then. Caddy cornering the body works just fine.  I had not thought of mixing up the colors like that in one machine.  Thats a great idea.

How many machines did you have to buy at one time to get the price to $60.25?

HI,

IMO you do not need the "cash and dash" feature, you simply lift the unit and scoop out the coins.  Buy from samsclub.com for $61.02 and save you a little money.    Colors (red, blue, yellow, green, or black) does not cost extra if you buy direct from samsclub.com.   I have alot of different machines (noobie mistake).  NW60 is the best if you can afford it.  I could not afford to buy just NW60 when I first started vending.  Today, I am slowly replacing all my machines with NW60.  Hope this helps.

Coop

• Like 1

With the NW Super60 or 60. I would not buy the cash and dash. You unlock the machine lift the body, globe and lid straight up. Turn it just off center to the left or right and set it down on the lips of the base. There is plenty of room to scrape the Q's into a container.

Pro's

1)  Everything works smooth. Lock & Mech

2) No screw mech removal. Just flip up the leaver and pull it out.

3) Every Machine you get is FLAWLESS.

4) Easy of service.

5) Color options. Buy some red and some white. Then mix. Base, Body, Hopper , and Lid. You can do with any colors you want. We have Black and Orange. Red and White. Pink and Purple. ( You can see these from a mile away! )

Cons:

1 Price. BUT - You can get it down by saving and ordering as many as possible. I know this isnt an option for some but it can be done. I paid $60.25 this year and that was with the mech being up graded to .50.

Mike

Mike mentioned the coin mech comes out and goes in easily.  I love that with this machine.  I had such a hard time 2 days ago changing out a bad coin mech on a Superpro triple I was in a freakin' sweat on location.  Employees were in the breakroom ( young guys in a supermarket ) waiting for me to finish to give them quarters back and to get som MMPs.  Easy of service is SO important for me.  I am seeing that more and more as I get more experience.

I just got mine delivered today and I'm very pleased. I ordered from Sam's which is cheaper than ordering from NW but the only options you get to choose from Sam's is the color.

The paint finishing is very nice. No rough edges or cheapness in appearance. The front has a very nice chrome square pattern surrounding the coin mech.

The coin mech itself is very smooth. The piece in most coin mech that I have trouble with is the small metal piece with the spring under the coin wheel, I believe it is called the :huh:?something dog...?(excuse my ignorance here) In the NW the small spring is replaced with a sturdy piece of metal which they call a coin pawl spring. And that small nasty piece that is forever breaking in my other machines is now replaced by a much thicker piece of material that they are calling a coin pawl rather than a :huh:?dog. This is the single most important feature to me as I have had no end of trouble with my coin mechs. These pieces are sturdy and seem like they would be less likely to fall loose when I lay the machines down in my car.

The machine from Sam's has a plastic food chute but so do all my other machines and it seems pretty sturdy.

The one thing I don't like is the plastic cam on the coin mechanism. Only time will tell if this is vulnerable to wear and tear.

Sam's club doesn't offer the cash and dash feature but the machine comes with a "speed scoop system". When you unlock the lid and lift of the top, turn it slightly and it rests very steady on the base and has a lower front lip which allows you to easily scoop out the quarters.

It's a beautiful machine and I think I'm going to buy them for my route.

I forgot to add that the removal of the coin mech is brilliant. Simply brilliant! No screws at all. Just a piece that you turn and it comes right out.

Beth

I have a ton of these out on locations.  I aquired them with a route I purchased and have nothing but luck with them.

Only downside is colors. I suggest you pick one and stick with it. I suggest red. I have red bases with crome tops and black middles.

I am getting everything painted red as I go so I can just swap globes when needed.

I also have 100 northwesterns for sale in Connecticut. Pick up only. they have the glass globes and pole stands.

I would sell these as doubles (50 Doubles-100 Heads) for $1500 firm. Thats $35 per double with stand!  (package price)

you are interested.

Dave

I have standardized on NW for racks and doubles.  I like the quality and the availability of parts.  I know that Oaks are cheaper but I want to have one common set of parts from a single vendor. 

Other Pros:

1.  Can install a 3rd party lock in case of sleazy vendors keying your machine or automotive lock pickers helping themselves to your money.

2. IMO, the best capsule wheel with virtually no mis-vends.

3. Flexibility - Single, Double, Triple or Rack setups with candy, gum or capsule wheels.

4. 2-fer capability in competitive gumball locations.

5. Upgrades to 50 cent mechs easily.

6. Still made in the USA!

Other Cons:

1. Coin Mechs will eventually need to be re-lubricated.  Mechs will jam when grease turns to paste.  I only use Liquid Wrench to lubricate the mechs now and it seems to hold up much longer.

2. No coin tray in the standard model.  Really wish they would develop a cheap plastic coin tray like A&A has.

Jax

Posted Image

I ordered this Tempo stand yesterday from Sam's. Its mase by Northwestern and costs $23.00 plus $6.00 shipping.  I like the look of the base.  Gotta see if its sturdy enough and doesnt tilt easily.

I put it together this morning. It sits a little lower than the regular stands I use. I like how it is very stable. I still have to put 2 NW 60s on it this evening. I will take a photo of it when I finish and post.

Johnny,

Your timing is impeccable. I was just offered some NW 60's and I was told that they had the Tempo stands....the setup that this guy has is double machines...I looked at them on site..and I immediately had the same questions

Will they be sturdy and safe once set up...

Let me/us know what you think

I like the stand alot.  I think I may use it as my primary stand with NW 60s doubles.  Its very steady.  More so than the round base stand.  ( and half the weight which I like ).

Dang those Northwesterns look good. Is that the standard red color you have? It looks maroon, instead of that tomato-ey red color I don't like.

How wide is the base? Looks wider than the round base stand.

That is a maroon color.  The camera didnt do it justice.  I did not measure the foot print but its wider than the standard round base I think.