Bowling Center

gumhead

Hello Everyone,

I recently ran into an old friend that I knew from high school. He and some other investors bought a popular local bowling center and are in the process of taking bids for a complete renovation. I'm 99% sure that I can get the location. There is already an amusement operator in place that has had the location for over 20 years. There is no bulk vending in the center. The amusement operator does not have a contract. Since I am fairly new at this (operating doubles only), I need some expert advice on what type of setup would be appropriate for a large bowling center (racks, cranes, etc). Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

Hello Everyone,

I recently ran into an old friend that I knew from high school. He and some other investors bought a popular local bowling center and are in the process of taking bids for a complete renovation. I'm 99% sure that I can get the location. There is already an amusement operator in place that has had the location for over 20 years. There is no bulk vending in the center. The amusement operator does not have a contract. Since I am fairly new at this (operating doubles only), I need some expert advice on what type of setup would be appropriate for a large bowling center (racks, cranes, etc). Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

For a "large" bowling ally?  Everything.  Seriously - as much equipment as they'll let you put there.  10-way rack, candy crane, toy crane, etc.  And this is one of the few locations it's actually worth it to invest in both a new Sports Blaster and new GB-foosball table.  Anything interactive.  Also, don't be afraid to do some outside-of-the-box vending here as well, like a large 2" capsule vendor filled with dirt cheap pairs of socks if you can find them at the right price point.  

You just hit the mother lode.

Just dont invest too much money in one location. My experience with bowling alleys is they dont like capsules or any thing sticky, like gumballs or sticky mix.

Very true. Gum and candy is ugly word to a bowling alley. Racks and cranes my friend. My flat always does well in bowling alley too.

If they offer that semi-dark black light disco ball style bowling, you'll find that glow rings, glow sticks, and other glow type items will sell like crazy.

Picked up two bowling alleys this past month. One with racks and the other with racks and a crane. The crane guy at the second location couldn't keep it filled! Going to be a excellent account.

Picked up two bowling alleys this past month. One with racks and the other with racks and a crane. The crane guy at the second location couldn't keep it filled! Going to be a excellent account.

LandJ--how did you land those accounts?

Archived