gumball machines and charity percentages

sams86gn

I'm thinking about buying some gumball machines and would like to have a charity to donate a percentage of my sales too in order to get more locations. I see some of the these stickers on gumball machines around town that say a percentage goes too a charity. My question is what is an appropriate percentage too donate?

I am doing 15% directly to breastcancer.org with my machines and not paying any commissions to the sites. There are some charity sites where you pay $2 or so per machine per month to them for the charity and they give you stickers etc.

I had my own stickers printed with my charity on them and will give the 15%. Some of my locations will be doing well more than $2 to the charity. I have only had them out a couple weeks. I placed a chicle machine in a bar last week and when my friend was there he said its already dropped about 2" from the top and it was plumb full so I am sure that machine will pay off quite well.

I pay 25% but its a true partnership in that they actually network and send me locations.  After rodney69 sent me a dominoes pizza location and i added it to vendtrak and my charity saw this they talked to the owner who they have a strong relationship with and secured the other 4 local locations.  Im good friends with my charitys marketing/pr person and he has a huge network of local businesses being involved in chamber of commerce, rotary club and also being previously employed by united way.  My charity is one that helps discover abilities of adults with disabilities and build opportunities around them.  Its my goal to actively support my charity not only through our charity vending program but by also help by promoting the charity and bring a better understanding of what theyre about also currently working with them to bring in rescued dogs as a therapy tool for some of their clients.   

Archived