Value of machines

BaneTrain

I found an ad on craigslist within reasonable driving distance of me. The guy has a large lot of machines just sitting in his garage and wants to clear out the room. Here is a list of the machines. There are 20 doubles, 10 singles, one spiral gumball, 3 5 way racks and one free standing tattoo machine. Most of these machines are Northwestern or AA. He also has a bunch of Vendstar 3000 which I told him I do not want. He wants 2700 for everything. I feel this is way over priced. The machines look in decent shape but it's hard to tell until I look at them. 

New is a bout 60 ish so bullshit on see to appreciate...more like see to appreciate the dust dents dings crap globes etc...plus with new you spec them the way you want...but if I can get a good deal I don't really care on color...only thing that matters is wheel config.

Yeah that's what I thought. Looking at the pics, these machines look like they have been sitting for several years. I think I will tell him that's my number without the Vendstars. If he does't like it, ohh well, plenty more machines out there. 

I'd second that. The doubles and singles are the most valuable sets in there, with the Spiral as a bonus if it's in halfway decent shape. $1500 is as high as I would ever dare go on a lot like that- they'd have to be mighty nice machines at that too.

I haven't contacted the guy back because I feel like it would be a waste of time. I told him I didn't want his Vendstars and he would't shoot me a price without them. He wanted me to drive 2 hours to "look" at them. No thank you if you can't be straight with me. 

Archived