Like to hear about amusement vending

RJT

Hi guys!! Some of you may know me from the food and beverage section. I have been at food vending over 15 years now but wanting to understand more about the amusement side of the house. I see what seems to be good deals on amusement stuff on CL. Recently saw some good prices on some kiddie rides but was wondering if their was a reason they are at a good deal. Is the Kiddie ride market dead? 

I have never really looked at amusement vending but I have a son that just loves this type stuff and thought it may be a way to help him learn about money and business. 

What are some good locations for these type machines? 

Are parts fairly easy to come by?

I am open to about any amusement suggestion but these kiddie rides caught my eye (and my son) and thought I would ask from the experts. 

Thanks guys!!

Kiddie rides are, from my experience a bad way to start. Low roi, big and a hassle. Im sure in a mall or inside a grocery store its fine, but not a good way to start. If i was starting amusemeents, id buy keymasters

Hi guys!! Some of you may know me from the food and beverage section. I have been at food vending over 15 years now but wanting to understand more about the amusement side of the house. I see what seems to be good deals on amusement stuff on CL. Recently saw some good prices on some kiddie rides but was wondering if their was a reason they are at a good deal. Is the Kiddie ride market dead? 

I have never really looked at amusement vending but I have a son that just loves this type stuff and thought it may be a way to help him learn about money and business. 

What are some good locations for these type machines? 

Are parts fairly easy to come by?

I am open to about any amusement suggestion but these kiddie rides caught my eye (and my son) and thought I would ask from the experts. 

Thanks guys!!

The local expert on amusement vending probably would be Ron Sidney as he builds these machines and operates quite a few in the western Tennessee area.  My impression is that most of these guys opt for the crane machines as opposed to the kiddie rides.

if you want to have a business that stands the test of time, stick with snack and beverage. If you are looking for an easier way to make money, cranes and bulk vending are only easier on your back, not your wallet. if you want to make a ton of money without much work... put out as many quarter pushers and key masters as fast as you can... the easy path comes with substantial legal risk.. depending on what part of the country you live in.

far as Kiddy rides, you can probably get some cheap at an auction. We got 2 for $5 apiece.. they didnt make squat, and they broke all the time! I took them to the scrap yard and got about 12 bucks! I am sure there are other ways to teach your son a lesson about business. a mechanical candy/gum machine would probably be best for your purposes.

They make the best. Quality stirring spoons, not that cheap china stirring spoons, but the quality ones.

GBP sells Amish made wooden spoons to stir M&I.

Everyone I know personally who is in amusements really focuses on Cranes and other redemption style games. Stackers, Keymasters, and jewelry cranes all tending towards perceived higher-value prizes (and $1 per play) seems to be the trend around here. Kiddie rides, as far as I know, don't do well at all, and depending on the model you'll need an electrical degree and a fiberglass workshop just to service the darn things. Those machines are beat quite literally to death in many cases, and we're a smaller market up here.

If you want to get your feet wet so to speak, I'd recommend either a small-ish crane, a stacker-style redemption game, or if you're going on the cheaper side, a SEGA sports arena. If you're good at locating soda and snack, it's a bit of a segway to get into amusement, but you can do it. My best spot I ever had for amusement, short lived as it was, was a bigger sized gas station near the interstate- always did well while I had the spot. Good luck to you sir!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived