Trouble locating

golpher

I have been out locating the past 2 nights and have only placed 1 machine. It seems to be a problem of corporate places telling me I have to go through corporate and not being able to speak w/ the owners at family owned places. I have a limited window to try and locate during the week, I get off at 5:00 and by then the people i would need to speak with have left for the day. I will be out Saturday morning to see if that is a better time to try and place machines.

I am seriously considering using a locator, I have narrowed it down to Kickstart and Midwest. Is it too early to give up on locating myself? I hate to factor in even more overhead before I start getting quaters. However it seems like I will need to put in alot of time to place machines. Time that could be spent doing otehr things to improve my business. I am torn. Any thoughts on the matter would be helpful. Thanks.

Andy

Andy,

I know it's frustrating in the beginning,but you might want to look at making yourself a flyer to leave with the places you go and then get a name and time during the day to call the owner back and try to set up a day and time to meet with them.Just remember "persistance pays off".Hang in there.

I only have 2 locations, however I only have 2 machines ready to go. I have 2 more machines to get parts for then place. I actually am enjoying doing the placing myself. I get a weird pleasure when people tell me no. I like to ask them why when they say no, then kinda make fun of their reason. Not enough for them to get really pissed and yell at me, just enough to make myself laugh. I usually say weird things to myself when I am getting ready to go in and try to place a machine, something like "Ohh, tell me no you golpher. Come on I dare you, you stupid golpher. Tell me no. Your an *******. Tell me no you liar, Ohh no corporate won't let us have a machine. I can't think of another reason to say no so I'll blame corporate. I'm a big *****. Come on tell me no." Sounds kinda weird I know but it makes me laugh to myself. Then I go in and try to place. I am going out of town for the holidays, but I can't wait to get back and start placing more machines.

What are you 6?? Are there alot of 12 year olds on this site getting info on bulk vending? Am I not allowed to talk like a grown up? Yes, that's how I talk sometimes. I wasn't saying I say that to managers when I am placing. That is something I like to say to myself to get a little pumped up. Are you that narrowed minded that you can't expose yourself to different types of people without getting offended? Seriously, if it offended you just go to the next post and ignore my posts.

Islander you may want to explore the Ignore button in the upper right to not see Golpher's posts rather then go elsewhere. We have a great bunch of members here for the most part and we would rather see you stay & be a part of it.

Well we don't know really much about who is reading these posts for the most part. In the corporate world that my day job involves we are instructed as such. "Don't say anything that you would not want to see repeted over & over again on the nightly news". Islander may be easily offended and others might no care one bit. It did not offend me but I found it on the childish side. I can understand the need to get pumped up before going in but you are not bringing a good vibe into the account with thoughts like this in my opinion. Perhaps a more positive thought process before you go in might be in order. If you feel the need to laugh then pop in a comedy cd for a few minutes before going in. Also for making fun of their reason for not placing the machine you are bringing a negative opinion of all bulk vendors into their thinking process. Maybe the reason for a no sometimes is that the last guy who had a machine in there acted like a jerk.

• Like 1

What is this a fascist regime? " Clean it up or be gone"? How about kiss my golpher! Oh no, I won't be able to read insightful post about the difference between two types of gumballs. You know what I really think..... Most of the posts on here are written by people w/ an agenda. That is, locaters or people trying to talk up golpher machines. How about if you didn't like my post just not reading anything else I write. Instead of trying to censor someone. Maybe you will have time to think about it after your book burning tonight.

Well if the rest of your posts are going to reflect this attitude you might want to change your nickname to echo because you will be talking to an empty room. You seem to be on the immature side of things or at least prone to childish behavior. With just over two weeks on this board you have decided that most of the members here have an agenda, well you are right. We do have an agenda and that is to learn about vending. To help new people to this business and learn a few things from the oldtimers. I wish you well in your business but I don't see how you will fit in with the rest of the group here. Please try to get some help over the holiday break.

LOL I thought u were going to be competition for me since we live in the same town. But I see you will not be. No one can say no to a respectful pretty lady with big boobs. :))

In fact I even talked an INDIAN owned RAMADA into keeping my machine. And they don't like to do business with ANYONE.

Like the old saying goes.

You can catch more flies with HONEY! See you on the courts BABE

I have just became INSPIRED

Andy,

No one wants to read trashy posts on this forum. That is why this site is censored! Instead of asking people to look over, why not post that type of language? You will loose respect quickly with a group such as ours. 

On the other hand, making fun of people who say no to you is not a wise decision. You are offering someone a service (in which most feel is not needed). So, in fact, the vendor is the one who needs to just thank them, and go on. No need to be a jerk about things when doing this business, or any business.

Oh, and one other thing: from what you post on our site, I can see why you have trouble locating. Tone it down a bit, and you might have greater success.

Kyle

LOL I thought u were going to be competition for me since we live in the same town. But I see you will not be. No one can say no to a respectful pretty lady with big boobs. :))

In fact I even talked an INDIAN owned RAMADA into keeping my machine. And they don't like to do business with ANYONE.

Like the old saying goes.

You can catch more flies with HONEY! See you on the courts BABE

I have just became INSPIRED

big boobs??of course it`s easy for you to locate machines!

I don't locate actually ...i  hire a locator. I had already had the vending machine at the Ramada but they were renovating and he wanted them all to go. but I talked him into letting me stay there with kindness and respect for him as the OWNER!

I don't locate actually ...i  hire a locator. I had already had the vending machine at the Ramada but they were renovating and he wanted them all to go. but I talked him into letting me stay there with kindness and respect for him as the OWNER!

did u wear a v cut shirt:P

did u wear a v cut shirt:P
Very funny! Actually, I dont show cleavage when I am out servicing unless I can't naturally hide it, because you never know if the owner or manager is a woman who might be jealous of your looks. I like to play it neutral. But I am no JERK

Larry,

This Post:

"I usually say weird things to myself when I am getting ready to go in and try to place a machine, something like "Ohh, tell me no you golpher. Come on I dare you, you stupid golpher. Tell me no. Your an golpher. Tell me no you liar, Ohh no corporate won't let us have a machine. I can't think of another reason to say no so I'll blame corporate. I'm a big golpher. Come on tell me no."

Every thing that is bolded was a curse word.

Kyle

Hey ahha,

So it takes an opportunity to say something negative for you to talk to me. When I first got on this site I sent you a PM introducing myself. I received no response. As soon as there was a reason to bash me you were all over it. This really is a site where people are trying to help each other.

Just a heads up to anyone new to the site, compare the names of the people who are posting here with the names of the locators that are talked about on this site. My father once told me "Be careful of people who are trying to be too helpful, they probally have an angle." Some one is getting paid for the ads that appear on this site. I am not sure who, but I would guess it is the same person telling you that "kickstart" or "northwesten" do such a great job locating.

In my opinion, this is not a complicated business; place a machine, service a machine. The best thing someone can do when getting started in this business is to learn to locate machines themselves. Every dollar you give a locator is a dollar you have to re coop before you see a profit.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my previous posts. I think censorship leads a to bland sheep filled society.

In my opinion, this is not a complicated business; place a machine, service a machine. The best thing someone can do when getting started in this business is to learn to locate machines themselves. Every dollar you give a locator is a dollar you have to re coop before you see a profit.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my previous posts. I think censorship leads a to bland sheep filled society.

Sounds like like you have it all figured out, and you want to make sure everybody here knows it.  But it's funny.  I read your posts, and you obviously don't have a clue.  More than anything, it sounds like you have chip on your shoulder.  It becomes apparent when any of the experienced vendors here challange your opinions.

You have the wrong idea about locating.  You are making it a game by denegrating the other guy.  Believe me, the other guy knows that.  He has no reason to accept the offer of putting your machine in his location.  As a matter of fact, by your attitude, he can prolly sense that you will not treat him or your own business with any professionalism at all.  He prolly think that he will see you only once when you come in to service the machine 2 weeks after placing it, and after finding only $2.50 in it that this business isn't worth it, so why come in a second time?  Or maybe if you are doing commission that he won't get the full percentage that you promised him.  So he'll get resentful and look the other way when his employees try to break into the machine to get free gumballs or steal the quarters.

As you can see, there are dozen if not hundreds of competitors in your area.  All he has to do is wait for somebody more likable comes along. 

It is your selftalk that puts you in that mindset.  Calling the guy over the counter an a-hole to yourself before you've even seen him just builds up resentment in yourself that you cannot hide.  What will you think of him when he says yes instead of no?

Instead of denegrating the other guy, why not build yourself up.  "I'm the greatest locator in the world!".  "My machines and my products are the best of all the competition!".  "I offer the best service and it shows!".  "They may say no, but getting a no is better than not asking in the first place!"

Finally, it is prolly best to just sit and see what the experienced successful vendors have to say about things before chiming in with opinions about things where you obviously have no experience.  We've all been there.  We've all been told this same advice.  Those of us who are still here have come to heed and value that advice.