What do you bring with you when Servicing your machines.

BanderSnatch

Exactly what do you bring & how do you bring it?

I.e. quarter bag, quarter counter, cleaning supplies. And how do u bring it? back pack, grocery bags? boxes?

I want to get organized & I want to have a list of things that I make sure I have before I leave. Right now, it's all random, i'm always forgetting something. I never wash my machines. I want to know, do u guys bring like a duffel bag with everything u need ? or...

& how do you keep your quarters seperate? so u know how much each machine made? suppose u have a rack with 5 different dispensers on it. How can you tell how much each dispenser made? thanks guys!

I would just jump out of your vehicle, make your way to the business, smile and say hi to the folks inside, carry your candy, gum, cleaning towel with it wet with cleaner and the money bag.  Open the machines and check it for coin jams, some little kids and/or adults will always try to stick toothpicks, paperclips, coke bottle caps and fake coins in to try get a handful.  Fill the machine however high you need it, collect the money and wipe it down and leave.  no reason to seperate the quarters, just dump them in and leave.  you will get a feel for it when you see it more regularly.

I am very new to this world, but I am planning on using the "zip lock bag method" for keeping track of my money from each machine. My triples have seperate drawers for each head and I want to know how much each head is making. So, each machine will have one gallon-size zip lock bag (labeled with machine number) and then three smaller zip lock bags that are labeled with each king of gum or candy in the heads. The quarters from each head will go into their respective small zip lock bag and all three small bags will go into the big zip lock bag.

Once we are home, we can count and record how much money each head on each machine made. So far, we do not have any commission locations, so we just fill candy/gum, empty quarters, wipe down, and go.

Jeff

Thanks bro.

so all u have is candy? what about toys? Also how do u get in there for free? the charity sticker? do you donote only the $1/month or do u also donate a percentage.

How well is the candy doing by the way? how often do you check up on your machines?

thanks bro. i love this forum..:)

I use a black canvas tool bag from Harbor Freight. It's just big and strong enough for candy, quarters, spare parts, tools, and mini spray bottles for cleaning. I had a local shop embroider my logo on it for me. The bag was only like $6.

I'm using a small folding magna cart which I got at Sam's. It has 2 small wheels that fold in and a handle that extends up to make it flat and small or unfolded can carry up to 200lbs. Also bought several storage containers with clear but heavy plastic and hinged lids. These are big enough for up to 6 cannisters, paper towells, windex, baggies, notebook, and just about anything else I want to carry in. I have a different storage container for super balls and boxes of stickers & tattoos so I can roll in with one or more storage containers on the cart. Also can put a combo of capsules, balls or whatever I need and carry it all in neatly and organized. The storage containers stop things from getting spread all over in my van and yet are clear so I'm able to see what is in them at a glance. The little folding magna cart is much smaller than my bigger hand dolly which I need for bigger machines but don't use it much.

Sam's and Costco both I think have the folding magna cart as well as these storage containers with the hinged lids.

nam

How much did u spend on that Magna cart?

& when you said "it's big enough for 6 canisters" what did u mean by that? What's big enough? the cart or the storage container? & what are canisters? I like your idea dude, please tell me so I can get some ideas of how I should do mine.

thank you!

The magna cart wasn't much, maybe $25. Can't remember for sure. I bought some plastic storage containers that I used to put whatever, superballs, tatts, caps, paper towells and cleaner, baggies and anything else I may need in the location. The bigger ones will also old up to 6 cannisters (changeable cannisters from Vendstar, U Turn or 1800Vending machines) so I can carry in different cannisters already preset and filled to take in and exchange. So I can put the filled cannisters covered with a zip lock baggie and rubber bands over the top to seal inside the big plastic storage containers. I also use clear gal. jugs from Walmart filled with candy to refill machines. The lids are wide and screw off and on and easy to pour out of and these I also put inside the bigger hinged lid plastic storage containers. These bigger storage containers are stackable so if you had to fill a rack you might take your magna cart and stack 2 or 3 storage containers full of your product onto it and take it all in at once. Go to a Sams or Costo and check these out. Cheap and works great.

nam

Here are some pics of what I use. The little folding cart was $21 at Sams. The rubbermaid gal. jugs are from Walmart and allow you to pour just the amount you want without spilling or tearing a bag inside the location.  Just screw the lids back on go  Refill as needed in the van.  Cost about 2 bucks..  There are various hinged lid storage containers  available at Sams, Costco, and run as little as $6 to $20 each.  These stack so you can cart in 1, 2 or 3 containers full of products depending on what you need inside the location.  I also put plastic gloves, paper towels, windex, zip lock bags, pam and whatever else is needed.

nam

That is a great little cart and worth it if you expand into racks. You can also use it if you need to bring in a machine from a large parking lot. It fits right in my SUV with my large candy storage container. I use a backpack like the kids use for school to carry in the candy and haul the loot out. I have all the usual things in it from my keys to my wooden spoon. I will be adding the storage bins like nam has in the picture when I start servicing my rack and sticker machine.

Creative,

I like that so much better than my big one. Doesn't take up hardly any room and a real work horse. Stopped past my daughters apartment tonight as she just moved. She had a 36" TV sitting on the little Magna cart. I said you didn't move that big TV on that little cart did you? Yep!   :shock:

nam

Bander,

I use a rolling file cart that I bought at Office Depot for $15. It has a telescopic handle.

All of my supplies (tools, towels, Lysol wipes, etc.) and candy fit in this rolling cart. What's great about it is once you are finished collecting quarters and cleaning the machine, it has a cover/lid so everything is contained in the cart.

It is also colapsable but I keep everything I need for servicing my route stored in it. All I have to do is load it with the candy I need and into my van it goes. I would recommend this cart.

Best of luck to you!

Sandi

hey thanks a lot dude! hey I know u went out of ur way to reccomend me that cart.

however, i'd like to ask u, if its not much trouble. can u please send me a link w/a picture of that cart? or put a picture in a message & post it?

please & thank you!

Bandersnatch.

I purchased one like this made by rubbermade the last time I did my servicing.  I used it for only that day and by the end of the day, the handle would not extend up anymore.  It's locked in the down position.

Point is.. make sure you don't buy something cheap that will not hold up to the stress of the job.

The magna cart from Sams is very sturdy and reliable for sure. I've moved alot of machines with it and probably have gone over the max. weight limit that is suggested several times. Wouldn't suggest moving a refrigerator with it but it is a really good heavy duty cart for the vending business.

nam

Checklist: Keys, Cleaning  liquid, Cleaning rags, Clorox wipes (for chutes ), Gloves, Scissors, Money bags, Spare money bags, Dixie cups, Label bag ( contains for service call labels, product labels and tape ),Spare coin mechs, Quarters ( refunds and test vends ), Post its, Route book, Folding frame ( like the waitresses use to put food trays on ), Spare locks.

Yeah tstrong that's the cart I've got.

Mine is red in color. I checked my receipt. It was a clearance item when I bought it-only $12.00. I've not had any problems with it and I've stuffed it a few times.

I also have the dolly that nam bought at Sams. I tend to use the Office Depot cart a lot more. I guess it is all about preference.