Any iPhone users on board?

caserri

Would you like me to upgrade the forum with Tapatalk?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like me to upgrade the forum with Tapatalk?

• Yes, I need a way to post on the go!
    • No, I never leave my house.

I have to admit, I don't have a "smart phone" but I do know that in this day and age there are a lot of iPhone and Droid users out there. I have heard from a few members that VENDiscuss already works quite well on web enabled phones.

I'm not sure if everyone is experiencing the same results but I came across a forum plugin recently that would enable iPhone and Droid users to enjoy a more robust forum experience and I wondered if there were enough members accessing the site on smart phones to justify the upgrade.

I'm not going to act like I understand this feature fully so here is the run down directly from the Tapatalk website. Let me know via poll vote or post whether or not you think this would be useful.

FROM THE TAPATALK WEBSITE...

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports all major forum software and forum owners can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), and private messaging. All these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

I guess I'm "old school" by today's standards.

I have cell phones -- but use them only for (gasp!) making and receiving phone calls!!!  :o

I don't even text or go online usng my phone so Droid or Iphone products would be a waste of money for me....

I guess that means the Tapatalk feature would do nothing for my experience with this board.

Thats understandable Sherlock. I don't have an iPhone or Droid either and do not anticipate ever getting one. I personally would not have any use for this feature either.

However, it is my understanding that the number of users of these devices is growing exponentially and that the younger generation is actually choosing to use these devices over desktops and even laptops.

So, I figured the question was worth asking. It would be free for me to install but if no one is going to benefit from it, why bother.

I use Blackberry in my job. Place orders from it and update calls in an application from work. Called a customer relationship module (CRM). Shows past sales, goals, pricing qty in stock at all branches.10 to 25 calls a day as well. After 10 to 12 hours a day on it I'd just like to use the big screen.

I just jumped on the iPhone wagon about a week ago.  I can't see myself using this to browse and post on forums.  I like to kick back on my couch with the laptop at the end of the day and read/post here.

Archived