stupid ants

jmac

So I've read on this forum, that if you smear vaseline around the top of your stand, this will stop ants from getting into your machine. Did this with a few machines, in locations i thought might have ants. Today I get a call from one of my locations , the machine there is full of ants. The location is a squeeky clean, business office. Never smeared vaseline on the machine  in this location, never thought  there would be ants. As of tomorrow ALL my machines are getting the vaseline treatment. Taking my lumps as a newbie. -1 good location.

nope, no smell at all.  I figure if the buggers are going to get into the machine anyways, why not give them something that will kill them.

So I've read on this forum, that if you smear vaseline around the top of your stand, this will stop ants from getting into your machine. Did this with a few machines, in locations i thought might have ants. Today I get a call from one of my locations , the machine there is full of ants. The location is a squeeky clean, business office. Never smeared vaseline on the machine  in this location, never thought  there would be ants. As of tomorrow ALL my machines are getting the vaseline treatment. Taking my lumps as a newbie. -1 good location.

Dang jmac stole my thunder...LOL . I just got off the phone with a florida customer who just told me that. He said works everytime. On inch ring of vaseline around the top off the pole just before the head.

Ants cant walk through it they get stuck or turnaround

Dang jmac stole my thunder...LOL . I just got off the phone with a florida customer who just told me that. He said works everytime. On inch ring of vaseline around the top off the pole just before the head.

Ants cant walk through it they get stuck or turnaround

What happens when you try to pick up or move the machine?  I usually pick it up just below the head.  I'll get sticky vaseline with dead ants all over my hands :P .

If it's a pipe stand, couldn't they get in through the center of the pipe?  Anybody ever stop up the pipe with a wad of newspaper or anything like that?

What happens when you try to pick up or move the machine?  I usually pick it up just below the head.  I'll get sticky vaseline with dead ants all over my hands :P .

If it's a pipe stand, couldn't they get in through the center of the pipe?  Anybody ever stop up the pipe with a wad of newspaper or anything like that?

I was thinking the same thing - even worse, what happens if one of the employees at the location goes to move the machine and gets vaseline all over their hands!!

Go to Home Depot and get "Hot Shot" Ant and Roach killer and spray around the machine. Very little odor which dissipates quickly. Keep it simple. Be discrete. As long as the kids don't lick the machine (sorry, an old Dsimms post). Works great for me.