Validator problem, coin mech question

donut

Ok, I first have to tell everyone that I am completely new to the vending machine business stuff, and just obtained 2 soda machines within the last month. I'm trying to get them ready so I can place them... Please, no laughing at the new guy's total lack of knowledge :)

One machine I obtained(a DN-440 single-price) had a Maka NB-15a-400f bill validator in it that was completely dead.... So i got on ebay and found a Maka NB-15a-200 that I figured would swap the non-working one out. My problem now is that when I put a bill in, the validator spits it back out after getting only about 1/2 of the bill in... I cleaned the thing pretty thoroughly (I think), but can't figure out what the problem is... I don't know if I can swap out some parts from the 200 to the 400f? This machine has a Coinco 3340-s coin mech in it.....

The other machine I obtained is a DN-348 (single price). In this machine, the bill validator is a Coinco Mag50B. There is no coin mech, and the plug that went from the validator to the coin mech was torn off... I figure I can just put a new plug back on the end. As far as the coin mech, does it matter what kind of coin mech I put in the machine, as long as it meets the voltage requirements, or is there some sort of compatibility matching that has to be done? In other words, do I have to put a coinco coin mech in, or can it be a mars or xyz brand? If it can be any brand, what about the plugs? Will all the plugs work with one another or will I have to find adapter plugs/wires?

Ok, I first have to tell everyone that I am completely new to the vending machine business stuff, and just obtained 2 soda machines within the last month. I'm trying to get them ready so I can place them... Please, no laughing at the new guy's total lack of knowledge

One machine I obtained(a DN-440 single-price) had a Maka NB-15a-400f bill validator in it that was completely dead.... So i got on ebay and found a Maka NB-15a-200 that I figured would swap the non-working one out. My problem now is that when I put a bill in, the validator spits it back out after getting only about 1/2 of the bill in... I cleaned the thing pretty thoroughly (I think), but can't figure out what the problem is... I don't know if I can swap out some parts from the 200 to the 400f? This machine has a Coinco 3340-s coin mech in it.....

The other machine I obtained is a DN-348 (single price). In this machine, the bill validator is a Coinco Mag50B. There is no coin mech, and the plug that went from the validator to the coin mech was torn off... I figure I can just put a new plug back on the end. As far as the coin mech, does it matter what kind of coin mech I put in the machine, as long as it meets the voltage requirements, or is there some sort of compatibility matching that has to be done? In other words, do I have to put a coinco coin mech in, or can it be a mars or xyz brand? If it can be any brand, what about the plugs? Will all the plugs work with one another or will I have to find adapter plugs/wires?

On the Maka, if it is pulling it in and spitting it out it is a problem with the Maka itself. All the logic for this validator is self contained. The reason these validators are so cheap on EBay is half the time they don't work. You need to remember these can be 20 old and yes they can be expensive to have rebuilt but just because you got one on EBay does not mean you get a good one.

On the Coinco most of their harnesses are modular so a missing harness can easily be replaced.

Single price coin mechs between brands are interchangeable as long as the voltage is the same. The biggest challenge will be making sure you have the right validator harness.

Archived