MAG32SA validator

loach33

Now that the Rowe acceptor seems to work, time to move on to the next problem. I have a MAG32SA validator that has been updated to accept the 2008 5's.

To program this validator to accept 5's you remove the lower housing and then push down on the "fingers" five times to put it in program mode, right? Well, this one doesn't go into that mode when I do that.

It has been flashing 5 times to check the optical sensors. I clean it and its OK for a bit again. Here's the other odd thing it does. After cleaning it or after I tried to program it and I push the lower housing back in it starts "cycling" as in the belts just keep turning over and over until I turn the machine off. Once I turn it back on everything is fine.

Why can't I get into the program mode and why does it cycle constantly?

Now that the Rowe acceptor seems to work, time to move on to the next problem. I have a MAG32SA validator that has been updated to accept the 2008 5's.

To program this validator to accept 5's you remove the lower housing and then push down on the "fingers" five times to put it in program mode, right? Well, this one doesn't go into that mode when I do that.

It has been flashing 5 times to check the optical sensors. I clean it and its OK for a bit again. Here's the other odd thing it does. After cleaning it or after I tried to program it and I push the lower housing back in it starts "cycling" as in the belts just keep turning over and over until I turn the machine off. Once I turn it back on everything is fine.

Why can't I get into the program mode and why does it cycle constantly?

The MAG series still uses the switches to program the unit. Tripping the anticheat is a feature introduced in the BillPro series. Now if you tried to program it with the anticheat and got a bit overzealous, it is possible that you have moved the lever off of its pivot point and it is blocking the sensor for the anticheat itself.

The MAG series still uses the switches to program the unit. Tripping the anticheat is a feature introduced in the BillPro series. Now if you tried to program it with the anticheat and got a bit overzealous, it is possible that you have moved the lever off of its pivot point and it is blocking the sensor for the anticheat itself.

Oh... Hmm, I thought I did it on the Mag series before. I'll have to pull up the manual and see what's up

By the way - for everyone else - I sent a validator into Technivend, they got it yesterday and they're shipping it back tomorrow. All for $43 or so. I'll be sending others for sure. Thanks

Oh... Hmm, I thought I did it on the Mag series before. I'll have to pull up the manual and see what's up

By the way - for everyone else - I sent a validator into Technivend, they got it yesterday and they're shipping it back tomorrow. All for $43 or so. I'll be sending others for sure. Thanks

Thanks for the positive feedback on Techivend, they deserve it!

Archived