In person vs Telemarketing help if you can.

onecent@atime

I am thinking about using an in person locator, they have decent reviews on the board. I have recently purchased a large amount of tripple head 1800's and want to get them out to quality locations sooner vs later. I have used eddie b and LRU and have had mediocre luck on time and more refusals the approvals on my end. I dont want to sit on 50 plus machines for to long. I do locate my self, 2-3 per week using a charity and some charm. Eddie b is 150/5 plus one free LRU is 25 on special 7 days to pay, The in person locator wants 60 per machine plus room a room of my choosing (hotel,inn etc) while they are in my city. I would very much like the thoughts of the board on this one. I dont want to have these machines sit for two months while they slowly get placed, I know that every month they sit i loose 20-30 $ per machine.I have a goal in the future of 180-250 tripple with candy/gum and toy just so you know where i intend to head the business. Oh, I already have over 30 in the field making income, 90% were placed by me. I expect mexican and Chinese restaurants out of the inperson locator, you know forceable super star locations. any suggestions on what to do and where to direct placement, oh and yes i will be riding along and i will have the machines with, deposit up front of 500 was req, i aiming for payment and deposit via cc to cover me. I cant see my self doing checks or money orders to much risk.

I am thinking about using an in person locator, they have decent reviews on the board. I have recently purchased a large amount of tripple head 1800's and want to get them out to quality locations sooner vs later. I have used eddie b and LRU and have had mediocre luck on time and more refusals the approvals on my end. I dont want to sit on 50 plus machines for to long. I do locate my self, 2-3 per week using a charity and some charm. Eddie b is 150/5 plus one free LRU is 25 on special 7 days to pay, The in person locator wants 60 per machine plus room a room of my choosing (hotel,inn etc) while they are in my city. I would very much like the thoughts of the board on this one. I dont want to have these machines sit for two months while they slowly get placed, I know that every month they sit i loose 20-30 $ per machine.I have a goal in the future of 180-250 tripple with candy/gum and toy just so you know where i intend to head the business. Oh, I already have over 30 in the field making income, 90% were placed by me. I expect mexican and Chinese restaurants out of the inperson locator, you know forceable super star locations. any suggestions on what to do and where to direct placement, oh and yes i will be riding along and i will have the machines with, deposit up front of 500 was req, i aiming for payment and deposit via cc to cover me. I cant see my self doing checks or money orders to much risk.

I only know of one in-person locator. Who have you considered?

theres other in person locators i used one for getting some honor boxes out when i first started with them. i think this can be much more highly effective because people have less trouble saying no than over the phone. I have used some telemarketers to set appointments it was a huge waste of money in 20hrs of calling they got me 2 appts both were just kind of guys who couldnt say no but didnt actually have the space for the equipment.

It is hard to keep a machine in a business with a shy owner, if they were pressured into it they can be pressured out of it as well.

theres other in person locators i used one for getting some honor boxes out when i first started with them. i think this can be much more highly effective because people have less trouble saying no than over the phone. I have used some telemarketers to set appointments it was a huge waste of money in 20hrs of calling they got me 2 appts both were just kind of guys who couldnt say no but didnt actually have the space for the equipment.

It is hard to keep a machine in a business with a shy owner, if they were pressured into it they can be pressured out of it as well.

in person doesnt imply high pressure. the guy i was referring to was actually the complete opposite of high pressure. He is an older guy and very low key. Nevertheless he does a great job. On the other hand the telemarketing calls I have recorded are brutal, the fronters in some cases couldnt get more than a few words out without being hung up. Its very easy to say I'm not interested and hang up. When you are there you can hear I'm not interested but you have an opportunity to handle the objection and usually the person will at least hear you out. Hope it makes sense what im saying.

No not high pressure, i just ment that some of the calls from locators get a pressured yes from a person who cant say no, when you get there another employee can say to the owner blah blah blah and the owner changes his or her mond, thats what i ment there.

So you would go with inperson if you were in my shoes ?

in person doesnt imply high pressure. the guy i was referring to was actually the complete opposite of high pressure. He is an older guy and very low key. Nevertheless he does a great job. On the other hand the telemarketing calls I have recorded are brutal, the fronters in some cases couldnt get more than a few words out without being hung up. Its very easy to say I'm not interested and hang up. When you are there you can hear I'm not interested but you have an opportunity to handle the objection and usually the person will at least hear you out. Hope it makes sense what im saying.

No not high pressure, i just ment that some of the calls from locators get a pressured yes from a person who cant say no, when you get there another employee can say to the owner blah blah blah and the owner changes his or her mond, thats what i ment there.

So you would go with inperson if you were in my shoes ?

honestly dont know not familiar with charity bulk vending...a small 3 head machine $150 seems like a lot for that i have no idea.

Years ago, in another anonymous bulk vending forum, heard talk of a guy called Wolfie who did in-person locating. He specialized in single gumball charity placements, and I heard stories of how he could place 20-30 locations a day. Does anybody have any contact info for Wolfie?

The only real locator for "your vending business" is you! There is no company of locator's that will care about the quality of the accounts you will be getting. Their business is placing a machine in an account, charging a fee, and going to the next new vending business owner. If you are starting your own business then you need to be a salesman and go out and build your own business. If you don't know how to do that you should buy an existing route or keep your regular job. It will cost you more money than it is worth, if you have to pay someone else to build your business. I may sound rough but it's a fact.

If there are any locators that think I am wrong, please post your comments here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What if there is rapid acquisition? If you have more machines then you can place in 30 days and lost future revenue is on the table do you do it your self and loose hundreds while the machines sit and you a crew any interest on cc or lines of credit or do you look at the cost of holding the machines and say id make out better locating my self and using a locator to supplement my placement while exercise right of refusal ever time i feel its warranted?

I couldn't imagine hiring a in-person locator and riding along :huh: , if you have time to "ride along" then do it yourself and save money.

If you don't know how to do that you should buy an existing route or keep your regular job. It will cost you more money than it is worth, if you have to pay someone else to build your business. I may sound rough but it's a fact.

If there are any locators that think I am wrong, please post your comments here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i hear what ur saying but that is kind of harsh , every business i have ever worked at

has a sales department.

I couldn't imagine hiring a in-person locator and riding along :huh: , if you have time to "ride along" then do it yourself and save money.

i always figure there is two ways to learn something. learn from your own experiences or someone else's. learning from your own experience is great and as you point out it costs less money but in the end you pay for it in time. in my opinion time is more valuable than money because you cant make more time. I think there is a good benefit in learning from someone with years of experience doing something. After 20 yrs in a business they probably know effective responses to objections, they know how to position the proposition, they know what locations are a waste of time,etc.. riding along may not make you into an expert overnight but i think it would step up your game immensely. the locator pam said she could knock out 20 high traffic crane locations for me in about a week. that is a bold statement, if true she obviously has knowledge about locating that i do not and could benefit from observing. borderjerry made a similar claim in his post.

just my opinion thought id offer a different view of things

Archived