1800 machines not vending enough product???

firemanpato

Does anyone have issues with their 1800 Triples vending enough Peanut M&M's?:huh:  I completely removed the vending wheel divider and it still only vends 8-10 pieces.  If I leave in the divider and open it wide up, it vends only 5-7 pieces.  8-10 is decent but I'm wondering is taking out the metal divider the only way to vend more than 7 pieces with a 1800 machine???

Thanks

Fireman,

Any reason why you want to vend more than 7 PMM's? Thats about a half ounce vend which is right where you want to be.

Assuming you get your PMM from Sams at about $7.88 a bag, vending half an ounce will bring your GOGS to roughly 28%

Steve

Fireman, I vend PMM's on my 1800 vendings with the vending wheel opened all the way.  One of my merchants told me today that customers were complaining about not getting enough PMM's.  He said that he tried it himself and as long as he turned the coin mechanism slowly he got  a good amount.  I don't know why the speed of turning the coin mechanism would matter...

Brian

Do like I do, Next time you receive a complaint tell them to buy a pack of PMM from the grocery store. Have them count how many they get for each 25cents of the price. That should settle them down. :D

Steve

I have the same machines and I vend 5-6 peanut m&m's. My wheel is set at 5 spaces. I would never open it all the way up. You are not making any money on them??? My customers complain also but they keep buying them each month. If you want to give them a lot more maybe you could put the m&m's in a gumball wheel...

Gary

Kyle,

Why would I get kicked out of an account for trying to make a living? If it got to that point I would change out peanut m&m's for something else. Reeses, plain m&m's, etc. The only other way I would concider increasing a portion would be if my blended margin on all the machines in an account met the margins I am looking for to survive.

Candyman, what happened to you?

Gary

Gary, Please watch it. You will get kicked out of some spots due to that. Talk to CandyMan007 about the issue. He will tell you to open them up.

Kyle

I guess I am in a unique situation. I too keep most of my machines opened all the way up. However, it has been my experience that even opened up, the machines still will not vend more than 7-8 PMM.

The one exception to this is my NAV's. They can vend about 10-11 PMM wide open. Here are some other counts from my machines. All these counts are for PMM's and are with the wheel wide open...

• NAV - 10-11
  • A&A - 7-8
  • Oak - 7-8
  • LYPC - 7-8
  • Seaga - 6-7
  • Amerivend - 5-6
Steve

I like the Peanut M&M's but I only have them in one place that requested them. I tell them if I put them in they will only get about 8 per vend due to their size. They all have taken something else except that one that had to have them. My Reeses usually fill in for the Peanut M&M's just the same.

I set 2 of  the 1800`s I bought and had the same problem,it would vend 5-7 pieces.I thought about takeing the metal piece out too but I didn`t.I wanna see how it goes for the first month or 2 and then decide.unfortunately one is a slow location so it`s going to be tricky.

the canisters on these machines are pretty big!!

Antonio,

I think 7 m&m's are plenty. The canisters are large but if the account isn't very busy I would only fill them up 1/2 or 3/4. No more than that.

Gary

I USUALLY GIVE 9 OUT (sorry caps) depending on the machine maybe 8 sometimes.but hey if they buy them over and over and get only 7 I`ll be happy to make more money.